Has anyone tried the Mi Router 3?

Noyu

Hi! We just transferred to a new condo and will be getting cable internet soon (25DL/2.5UL Mbps).

I'm looking into buying a separate router as the provided 2-in-1 modem/router has really shitty WiFi.

I'm already pretty much decided on the TP-Link C1200 which has everything I need and costs only around 70$.

I am also a big fan of TP-Link as their UI is simple and easy to follow which means it's also alot easier to configure.

I've had 3 TP-Link routers and so far I'm pretty satisfied with them. Just satisfied though, not amazed or anything haha.

However, I found this sweet little router from Mi which only costs around 20$. It's already AC1200 but without gigabit LAN.

I don't really NEED gigabit LAN as my internet speed isn't even near 100Mbps, but it is a big advantage when it comes to filesharing and streaming media from my PC to my AndroidTV (Mi Box).

But, I really am a sucker for cheap bang-for-buck stuff (I have tons of Mi products) and it seems this Mi Router is one of those.

Sadly I couldn't find a decent review about it. Most reviews are sketchy and seems to oversell the product without concrete proof of testing.

So far my devices are as follows:

1. Main Rig (AC 867 Mbps) - will probably be wired to the router.
  2. iPhone 5s
  3. old Macbook Pro (2013??)
  4. Dell XPS15 (Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000)
  5. Huawei P9 (EVA-L19)
  6. Mi Box 3

The condo is a 2-floor flat with the router on the first floor and most of the devices mostly spread in the rooms on the second floor.

Anyways TL;DR, does anyone have any experience with this "Mi Router 3". It seems too cheap for what it offers but hey, Mi products are usually like that (I have a Mi Band 2, a Mi Box 3, and a Xiaomi Hybrid Earphones)

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

There's a 3G model that offers the same specs but with GbE, go for that. 

the interface is in chinese, flash padavan on it for english

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

The 3G model is already around 50$ and will have to be bought abroad (which is a PitA here in our country). I'm not sure if it's still worth the effort over the 70$ TP-Link.

How's your experience on your Mi Router?

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

36 minutes ago, Noyu said:

The 3G model is already around 50$ and will have to be bought abroad (which is a PitA here in our country). I'm not sure if it's still worth the effort over the 70$ TP-Link.

How's your experience on your Mi Router?

I don't own one, but I know someone who does that I could ask questions to.

I've considered buying one, that's for sure.

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

I don't own one, but I know someone who does that I could ask questions to.

I've considered buying one, that's for sure.

oh I see. I'll try to sell off my sister's old TP-Link C20 router and replace it with this one then.

pretty sure they won't notice a difference but at least I can test all I want from their home before buying one for my condo.

Karamo

Spoiler

On 11/2/2017 at 10:46 AM, Droidbot said:

hey man! sorry for the (sort of) necro. I just wanna say thanks for giving me the idea re: padavan.

after a ton of research last week I decided to place an order for the Mi Router 3. Just got it last night and flashed Padavan.

it's definitely an upgrade over my TP-Link C20. anyways that's all. hahaha

Karamo

Spoiler