PWM Pump?

Hey guys, 

This is my third post here asking for help and the last two times everyone has seriously been a great help so i just wanted to say thanks to everyone who offered me advice, tips, and help. 

Today I am looking at setting up the fans and pump in my new upcoming build. 

I am using the Asus Rog Strix z370 - I motherboard, and a pwm D5 pump (4 pins). I will also be using two pwm fans (4 pins) on a 240mm rad, and two non-pwm fans, one on an air exhaust and one on a 120mm rad.

I will be connecting the two non-pwm fans via a y splitter to CHA_FAN header (header C in the photo) on the motherboard, and will monitor/control speed through the motherboard fan control. I will then be using CPU_FAN header (header A in the ogoto) in the photo for the two pwm fans, also connected via y splitter.

The concern i have is whether or not I'll be able to pull plug in my pwm D5 pump into the AIO_PUMP header (header B in the photo). I am concerned because on the fourth pin from the photo, it seems that it says +5v instead of pwm signal, and also it mentions that it is meant to connect to the fan from the water cooling kit?

I am also unsure if this solution is not okay, then what other solutions are available. I considered connecting a 3 way y splitter to the CPU_FAN header to connect the two fans and the pump, but then in this scenario I am not sure if there will be any power supply issues/problems. I would also not be sure which should go into the control/detection for the y splitter, the pump or one of the pwm fans? Furthermore, is it okay for the pump to be controlled via pwm and turn on and off with the fans or vice versa? Should they be separated? 

Any advice or help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated, thank you! 

1509510341849307403151.jpg

PWM switches between 0 and 5v.

The manual says 5v because it runs a constant voltage to that header meaning your pump will always run at 100% and you cannot change the speed.

Basically, there is no point in buying a PWM pump if you're gonna do that.

No it does not damage the pump. 5v = 100%

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Alright, that's no problem. Then do you think i should connect the pwm pump to the same hub as the fans? 

Hi Below27

the Pump on the PWM-Pump Header on the Motherboard works fine. In default the Pump will run 100%. You can switch the Waterpump to PWM in the BIOS and define the Speed later

Watch out: When using a Motherboard-Block you need to plug in the cable connector first, before you install the waterblock!