Our school's IT is dumb. I need help!

Ryois

FYI this is allowed on youtube at school just saying, watching right now.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

5 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

FYI this is allowed on youtube at school just saying, watching right now.

so is ours...

On 11/6/2017 at 3:13 AM, chiller15 said:

I'd almost guarantee that AB Tutor can run commands remotely, as similar software here in the UK does, and has been able to for a long time. However those  command prompt windows are most probably logon scripts from Group Policy during the user logon.

I doubt you could see what the passwords are. Active Directory doesn't store the passwords in plain text. Even domain administrators cannot see what any user passwords actually are, they can only reset them.

In Aspen, it shows the user's state ID which is our passwords.

On 02/11/2017 at 10:48 PM, themctipers said:

except for one.

no phones.

there's no clock..

it feels like complete shit having that one freedom taken away. can't even check the time, cant send a quick boop, can't even fuck around waiting for other people to finish their work, which is very frequent

There's a very simple and low cost solution to this problem:

Spoiler

seamaster-aquaterra.jpg

;)

Edit: I mean... buy a Timex, not an OMEGA :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

There's a very simple and low cost solution to this problem:

Reveal hidden contents

seamaster-aquaterra.jpg

;)

Edit: I mean... buy a Timex, not an OMEGA :P

just make sure it's not a smartwatch...

1 hour ago, Ryois said:

so is ours...

surprised it wasn't blocked because the song... well the song speaks for itself lol

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

4 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

surprised it wasn't blocked because the song... well the song speaks for itself lol

Unless it's flagged by "SafeSearch" or 18+ it's viewable.

On 11/3/2017 at 9:33 PM, DeckingBomb72 said:

yeah... my computer (which runs win10) has windows defender and McAfee virus protection while my school computer has 27 viruses on it because of things my teacher tells me to download (which she doesn't know they have viruses in the files) and then I rage delete system files ANDDDD the school has to reinstall them to my computer.

Now thats dumb

Tag me if you need me :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desktop:                                       Laptop:        
CPU - i7-4790k                            CPU: I7 7700HQ
GPU - Inno3D 1080TI                  GPU: 1060
Mobo - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI          Memory: 16 GB
Memory - 32 GB DDR3                Storage: 1256GB
Storage - 11 TB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: ONEPLUS 6 128GB

22 minutes ago, Ryois said:

Unless it's flagged by "SafeSearch" or 18+ it's viewable.

it fucking called Bust a nut how did safe search not flag it xD

On 11/3/2017 at 3:33 PM, DeckingBomb72 said:

yeah... my computer (which runs win10) has windows defender and McAfee virus protection while my school computer has 27 viruses on it because of things my teacher tells me to download (which she doesn't know they have viruses in the files) and then I rage delete system files ANDDDD the school has to reinstall them to my computer.

You use McAfee and delete system files.  That makes you worse than the teacher.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

You use McAfee and delete system files.  That makes you worse than the teacher.

Hey! that was my location lol. yeah McAfee is bad and why/how would you delete system files you would need perms from "TrustedInstaller" @DeckingBomb72

11 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

it fucking called Bust a nut how did safe search not flag it xD

SafeSearch only flags key words in the  Address bar so if the video doesn't have a offensive word or phrase then it's allowed to be viewed. The reason this can be viewed is their safesearch hasn't been updated for that phrase because alone each word is none offensive.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Secondly what type of School education system do you guys have? Over here we end up with C2KNI for Primary and Secondary school both which have exploits to use .exe's and run stuff you shouldn't (not going to mention how due to T&C's) But our system isn't that bad we can change our password when we want but requires being logged in and needs the password changed every 120 days. We cannot use the same password Twice EVER. 

Similar safe searches where you can't search certain phrases or 18+ (understandable) but along with that our IT staff seemed well understanding and would give users exceptions to websited during that single log in depending on what was required. 

About your Email System is it a LAN/ Intranet email system meaning it physically can't received external emails due to it being on a locked network. Finally your Password system is really unsafe even the school should know that and not ignore it. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 hour ago, Alex Colson said:

Secondly what type of School education system do you guys have? Over here we end up with C2KNI for Primary and Secondary school both which have exploits to use .exe's and run stuff you shouldn't (not going to mention how due to T&C's) But our system isn't that bad we can change our password when we want but requires being logged in and needs the password changed every 120 days. We cannot use the same password Twice EVER. 

Similar safe searches where you can't search certain phrases or 18+ (understandable) but along with that our IT staff seemed well understanding and would give users exceptions to websited during that single log in depending on what was required. 

About your Email System is it a LAN/ Intranet email system meaning it physically can't received external emails due to it being on a locked network. Finally your Password system is really unsafe even the school should know that and not ignore it. 

It's areal mail server hosted either in our county or in the cloud that is capable of receiving emails but it will block emails going in and out if it is not within the mail flow rules. Teachers have to change passwords every 90 days and it cannot be the same as the previous password(s).

Just now, Ryois said:

It's areal mail server hosted either in our county or in the cloud that is capable of receiving emails but it will block emails going in and out if it is not within the mail flow rules. Teachers have to change passwords every 90 days and it cannot be the same as the previous password(s).

So why can't the  student change their passwords, that seems more of a risk assuming your school has a way to externally access the servers if required to of the student.

Just now, Alex Colson said:

So why can't the  student change their passwords, that seems more of a risk assuming your school has a way to externally access the servers if required to of the student.

I don't know... They want to make it easier for them but less secure for us it seems like.

9 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

The IT department at my school recommends changing passwords regularly, through a built in password interface where you can change your password in your current windows 10 session on the server, then your password is basically changed after that.

Just now, TheBeastPC said:

The IT department at my school recommends changing passwords regularly, through a built in password interface where you can change your password in your current windows 10 session on the server, then your password is basically changed after that.

In the O365 portal, you should be able to change passwords you cant. Doing crtl+alt+del change a password you cannot change a password this way. But teachers can change their password through these methods.

1 minute ago, TheBeastPC said:

It's the way my school is/was as well you changed our passed either when you where logged into the network or when it request it while trying to log in(only request a change if you got the old password right)

Just now, Alex Colson said:

It's the way my school is/was as well you changed our passed either when you where logged into the network or when it request it while trying to log in(only request a change if you got the old password right)

This would make sense because you wouldn't want the student being able to change their password outside of the network because other people may be able to do this as the student and then gain access to the school material and some of the network.

3 minutes ago, Ryois said:

In the O365 portal, you should be able to change passwords you cant. Doing crtl+alt+del change a password you cannot change a password this way. But teachers can change their password through these methods.

Well this is how my school changes passwords.

2 minutes ago, TheBeastPC said:

Well this is how my school changes passwords.

UeCouXs.png and on the CRTL+ALT+DEL screen, it would say "Access Denied"

1 minute ago, Ryois said:

UeCouXs.png and on the CRTL+ALT+DEL screen, it would say "Access Denied"

Because it's been restricted, probably GPO. Teacher's simply don't have that restriction enabled.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

Our server uses a citrix Xen based software where all students can work on the server with their own accounts and their own windows 10 sessions, there are office 365 apps on the app itself, but changing passwords is within the windows 10 session.