ATI vs nVidia for my new build

TheShanth

XFX 7970 3GB Double D

vs

EVGA 670 2GB FTW SIG2

i'll be playing over three screens and doing light editing.~

I'll be waiting on the LTT Forums opinion

Thanks Guys :D

For multi monitor setup in my opinion the 7970 is better but the nvidia solution is cheaper an slightly better for editing.

So i suggest you to buy the 7970 if you have the money.

7970 for sure. More VRAM is better for higher resolutions.

AMD FTW!!!

AMD Phenom II 955BE 4GHz@1.4v

Corsair H100 w/ Silverstone AP122

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 NB@2600MHz

G.Skill 2x4GB 7-7-7-21

XFX HD5870 Crossfire

128GB OCZ Vertex 4

2TB WD Green Raid 0

Corsair AX850

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced

As everyone said, go amd for multi-monitor setup, I've gone nVidia and regretted it (660 ti has not anough bandwith for high resolutions), but it still depends on what type of editing, if you need cuda (I think it's mostly with Adobe programs), then a nvidia card is probably a better choice, but get a 670(With 4GB of vram like an EVGA FTW+) nothing below that.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Just don't get the 7970 reference card, if you watched Linus's video on coil whine he uses a reference 7970 to point it out.

Get the 7970 since you're gonna be doing triple monitors :) Unless you're willing to buy a second 670 in the future and/or only using of the three monitors for actual gaming. And what the guy above me said. But than again you've already decided which 7970 you're gonna choose. Just remember this the 670 can be overclocked to the point where it's actually better than an overclocked 680. So yea peace !

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

With the new amd drivers the more expensive (higher clocked) 7970( wich are still cheaper than 680) beat the 680 (even the higher clockeddd ones) and will destroy every 670.

670 it i awesome! buy the galaxy version. Like Linus :D

7970 would definitely be the best choice for you if your running any multi monitor display at all,l but even then the 7970 is still better then the 680 in my opinion because it has 3GB of VRAM instead of the 680's 2GB of VRAM.

go with the AMD card

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I should probably clarify that i will running crossfire or sli, doing light video editing work and the 7970s cost 270 while the 670s cost 315 each here in the uk

If you have the money to throw at it then I would go for the 670. If you are on a limited budget I would go with the AMD card, just make sure you read reviews and look at customer feedback to see which one you will go with. Other than that everything has pretty much been said already.

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H | Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC GHz Edition | Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz

7970 for sure

it beats the 670

and is cheaper

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss