Radiator size for hot climate

I am researching a new build, I am quite unsure about water loops though, I was going to go with AIO coolers, but now I am thinking I might enjoy installing a custom loop a bit more. I have no idea what size radiator to install, what size reservoir, and will I need more than one pump. Where I live gets quite hot in summer, it often gets to 40 degrees Celsius.

The loop I want to be able to cool will be:

I7 8700K overclocked / or possibly a MOBO waterblock

GTX 2080 overclocked (once they are released)

M.2  SSD

2 x RAM DIMM Modules  

I am thinking the largest single radiator I will be able to fit in the front is a Cool Stream CE 420 (3x140mm fans, 45mm thick) will this be enough or should I install a 2nd radiator on the bottom or top of the case?

15 minutes ago, AZwiftW said:

I am researching a new build, I am quite unsure about water loops though, I was going to go with AIO coolers, but now I am thinking I might enjoy installing a custom loop a bit more. I have no idea what size radiator to install, what size reservoir, and will I need more than one pump. Where I live gets quite hot in summer, it often gets to 40 degrees Celsius.

The loop I want to be able to cool will be:

I7 8700K overclocked / or possibly a MOBO waterblock

GTX 2080 overclocked (once they are released)

M.2  SSD

2 x RAM DIMM Modules  

I am thinking the largest single radiator I will be able to fit in the front is a Cool Stream CE 420 (3x140mm fans, 45mm thick) will this be enough or should I install a 2nd radiator on the bottom or top of the case?

Having more rads space provides a higher potential for cooling, where a 420 would be more than enough for just a CPU and GPU. The limiting factor in your case is your ambient temps as the system can never be below 40C due to thermodynamics. For a custom loop I usually recommend to get the D5 pump it will have no trouble with the loop.