Need help choosing between a new monitor and new headphones. (on a budget)

Veczen
Go to solution Solved by Gpuprodamnn,
Just now, Veczen said:

Yeah i have an AMD GPU otherwise i wouldn't have chosen one with Freesync, i know how these things work.

then deffinitely the monitor!

Im on a split road that has me to choose between a new monitor, currently looking at a Samsung S24F350FHU, which is a LED, PLS, 24 inch, 1080p monitor with Freesync. And a headset which is the Sennheiser HD-280 Pro. Both will cost me somewhat above 100 Euro so if anyone has any better suggestions im happy to have a look. For those who are wondering i currently use an Acer P223W, which is a 16:10, 22 inch, LCD monitor. My headset is the Sharkoon Zone H40, it's a decent headset (actually the best one i've had since it was the most expensive i've had) but the microphone doesn't work anymore and sometimes i have to play with the cable to get both sides to work.
Most of the time i play games or listen to music so that's what im gonna be using these things for, well one of them.

5 minutes ago, Veczen said:

Im on a split road that has me to choose between a new monitor, currently looking at a Samsung S24F350FHU, which is a LED, PLS, 24 inch, 1080p monitor with Freesync. And a headset which is the Sennheiser HD-280 Pro. Both will cost me somewhat above 100 Euro so if anyone has any better suggestions im happy to have a look. For those who are wondering i currently use an Acer P223W, which is a 16:10, 22 inch, LCD monitor. My headset is the Sharkoon Zone H40, it's a decent headset (actually the best one i've had since it was the most expensive i've had) but the microphone doesn't work anymore and sometimes i have to play with the cable to get both sides to work.
Most of the time i play games or listen to music so that's what im gonna be using these things for, well one of them.

If you have an amd gpu take the monitor if you have a nvidia gpu, save more money for one with G-Sync and get the monitor :).

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 1600 OC 3,7ghz
  • Motherboard
    ASrock AB350 Pro4 ATX
  • RAM
    A-Data 2666mhz upgraded to Corsair LPX 2x8gb 3000mhz
  • GPU
    GTX 1060 6gb
  • Case
    Segotep Chariot TF
  • Storage
    1TB HDD, 240gb M.2 Intel NVMe SSD
  • PSU
    Evga 600w B+
  • Display(s)
    Samsung Full HD 24' Free sync
  • Cooling
    3x 120mm case fans
  • Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
  • Mouse
    Razer DeathAdder Elite
  • Sound
    Razer Kraken Pro
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

I would go for headphones, as your mic is broken, and your monitor is working well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post solved your problem, please press the check below :).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just now, Gpuprodamnn said:

If you have an amd gpu take the monitor if you have a nvidia gpu, save more money for one with G-Sync and get the monitor :).

Yeah i have an AMD GPU otherwise i wouldn't have chosen one with Freesync, i know how these things work.

1 minute ago, Saddy said:

I would go for headphones, as your mic is broken, and your monitor is working well.

Well my mic might be broken but i don't really use it all that much, plus i already got a seperate microphone, also the new headphones don't have a mic.

Just now, Veczen said:

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 1600 OC 3,7ghz
  • Motherboard
    ASrock AB350 Pro4 ATX
  • RAM
  • GPU
    GTX 1060 6gb
  • Case
    Segotep Chariot TF
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Evga 600w B+
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    3x 120mm case fans
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer DeathAdder Elite
  • Sound
    Razer Kraken Pro
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, Gpuprodamnn said:

Mhm, so the monitor i have chosen is good?

1 minute ago, Veczen said:

Mhm, so the monitor i have chosen is good?

Wait... What? I have the same monitor.

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 1600 OC 3,7ghz
  • Motherboard
    ASrock AB350 Pro4 ATX
  • RAM
  • GPU
    GTX 1060 6gb
  • Case
    Segotep Chariot TF
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Evga 600w B+
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    3x 120mm case fans
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer DeathAdder Elite
  • Sound
    Razer Kraken Pro
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Gpuprodamnn said:

Wait... What? I have the same monitor.

Whaaaaaa??? So... how is it?

Just now, Veczen said:

Whaaaaaa???

Ok, lemme point out the cons of it. I produces heat, like a lot of heat so keep it away from anything that might add a plus of warmth to it. It doesnt have DVI D, but im sure you will use the HDMI port anyway, it has a universal button which can power it off, on and change the monitor brightness and all that, therefore it may be buggy so turn ur monitor off BEFORE your comp turns completely off

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 1600 OC 3,7ghz
  • Motherboard
    ASrock AB350 Pro4 ATX
  • RAM
  • GPU
    GTX 1060 6gb
  • Case
    Segotep Chariot TF
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Evga 600w B+
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    3x 120mm case fans
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer DeathAdder Elite
  • Sound
    Razer Kraken Pro
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, Veczen said:

Whaaaaaa???

As the pros, ITS A-W-E-S-O-M-E, feels so good to watch 1080p movies with it, it has a strong stand, i was impressed with it and i would deffinitely buy it again!

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 1600 OC 3,7ghz
  • Motherboard
    ASrock AB350 Pro4 ATX
  • RAM
  • GPU
    GTX 1060 6gb
  • Case
    Segotep Chariot TF
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Evga 600w B+
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    3x 120mm case fans
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer DeathAdder Elite
  • Sound
    Razer Kraken Pro
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

Just now, Gpuprodamnn said:

As the pros, ITS A-W-E-S-O-M-E, feels so good to watch 1080p movies with it, it has a strong stand, i was impressed with it and i would deffinitely buy it again!

Im surprised that it would produce so much, or in fact any, heat since mine consumes more power and is only a bit warm when i touch the back of it. The problem i see right now is that my PC is directly next to my monitor, so i don't know how that is gonna turn out. i am quite certain though that most of the heat is gonna be moving up, since i have a top fan. But on another note, what happens if i don't turn the monitor off before my PC, since both for me are using one outlet and after i turn off the PC i cut power to everything with the outlet.

1 minute ago, Veczen said:

Im surprised that it would produce so much, or in fact any, heat since mine consumes more power and is only a bit warm when i touch the back of it. The problem i see right now is that my PC is directly next to my monitor, so i don't know how that is gonna turn out. i am quite certain though that most of the heat is gonna be moving up, since i have a top fan. But on another note, what happens if i don't turn the monitor off before my PC, since both for me are using one outlet and after i turn off the PC i cut power to everything with the outlet.

if you dont turn it off, sometimes, not everytimes, you wont be able to power it off through the button and it will go in a constant loop looking for an hdmi signal or vga and its annoying but if you will be powering it off with an outlet, that will be enough since i dont do that as i sometimes need my pc so i boot it up with teamviewer.

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 1600 OC 3,7ghz
  • Motherboard
    ASrock AB350 Pro4 ATX
  • RAM
  • GPU
    GTX 1060 6gb
  • Case
    Segotep Chariot TF
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Evga 600w B+
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    3x 120mm case fans
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer DeathAdder Elite
  • Sound
    Razer Kraken Pro
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, Gpuprodamnn said:

if you dont turn it off, sometimes, not everytimes, you wont be able to power it off through the button and it will go in a constant loop looking for an hdmi signal or vga and its annoying but if you will be powering it off with an outlet, that will be enough since i dont do that as i sometimes need my pc so i boot it up with teamviewer.

Mhm, i see, well everything sounds great, so if i don't get any sort of leaning towards the headphones im gonna be marking your answer as solved, tomorrow. And afterwards im gonna order the monitor.

Just now, Veczen said:

Mhm, i see, well everything sounds great, so if i don't get any sort of leaning towards the headphones im gonna be marking your answer as solved, tomorrow. And afterwards im gonna order the monitor.

glad i helped :)

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 1600 OC 3,7ghz
  • Motherboard
    ASrock AB350 Pro4 ATX
  • RAM
  • GPU
    GTX 1060 6gb
  • Case
    Segotep Chariot TF
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Evga 600w B+
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    3x 120mm case fans
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer DeathAdder Elite
  • Sound
    Razer Kraken Pro
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

3 hours ago, Veczen said:

the monitor would have more role than the headphone

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol