IPS: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Backlight bleed. Should I return it?

hi guys, I just bought the ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q and i noticed the backlight bleed while playing games during some darker scenes.

its my first big IPS display and i would like to know if this level of bleeding is normal, and if its worth it to return it for a new one.

I read horror stories online of people having to return this exact model up to 6 times before getting a good one so I need some opinion.

I adjusted the picture to look as close as possible to what I see in real life in a pitch black room. so to look at it you should put it into fullscreen and turn off the lights.

backlightbleed.thumb.jpg.49acabe014bdac26eb1defbc306553fb.jpg

It makes me really sad that asus has such a bad quality control, my macbook pro for comparison has zero BLB, and if you get one with BLB apple will replace the screen with one that works flawless, instead of playing the lottery like with asus where you can get a screen that is even worse if you are unlucky.

I will think twice before buying something from asus again...

so guys, should i bring it back or is that as good as it gets with asus? 

best Regards,

The Dude

Exchange it first, that isn't what you would expect for your hard earned 700 bucks. If the second one is just as bad, or is still unacceptable, then just return the monitor.

backlight bleeding like that is really common on IPS panels,   VA panels are known to have the best backlighting / least leaking , however every panel has its ups and downs , it can never be perfect :( ( atleast not yet )

if that model really is known with a reputation like that i wouldnt personally pay that much for that thing at all :S , why get a 700buck monitor anyway, im doing fine with 100-200$ models ._. ( just an example lol )

(◑‿◐)