Back with more annoying cpu questions (sorry :P)

Hey all,

sorry about the random influx of annoying CPU questions but I want to make sure I make the right choice :P

so, the i7 8700 (non-k) is being sold in my local store for about £10-15 more than the 7700k

side note: the prices in the store are identical to online prices so while this seems weird the 8700 is actually cheaper at my local store than it is online :P

I intend on getting a new motherboard anyway due to mine lacking a lot of features I would like so whether that is a Z270 or B360 doesn't matter too much :D

My question is essentially just which one has the most horsepower (taking into account 7700k overclock)

you need a Z370 for your system to work Intel doesn't make AMD chips universally compatiable anymore and Intel has required Z370 to be the only board to work on Coffee lake right now.

So Z370 is your only otption :(

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700-vs-Intel-Core-i7-7700K/3940vs3647

technically the 8700 in multicore, and the 7700k in singlecore, so like LOL and minecraft the 7700k will be better, but in any dx12 game the 8700 will be better, or any game that uses more than 8 threads, which is becoming more mainstream.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Just now, Ashiella said:

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700-vs-Intel-Core-i7-7700K/3940vs3647

technically the 8700 in multicore, and the 7700k in singlecore, so like LOL and minecraft the 7700k will be better, but in any dx12 game the 8700 will be better, or any game that uses more than 8 threads, which is becoming more mainstream.

so in mainstream AAA titles (BF1, GTA V etc)

would the 8700 perform better?

2 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

you need a Z370 for your system to work Intel doesn't make AMD chips universally compatiable anymore and Intel has required Z370 to be the only board to work on Coffee lake right now.

So Z370 is your only otption :(

yes but if I were to go with 8700 I would wait for B360 in Q1 2018 :)

Just now, UselessChimp said:

so in mainstream AAA titles (BF1, GTA V etc)

would the 8700 perform better?

Probably, go look up comparsion benchmarks for yourself or do you need me to?

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Ashiella said:

Probably, go look up comparsion benchmarks for yourself or do you need me to?

they seem to be pretty inconclusive as most just test the 8700k 

except maybe this but its the only i can seem to find :P

2 minutes ago, UselessChimp said:

yes but if I were to go with 8700 I would wait for B360 in Q1 2018 :)

oh I see you plan on buying the cheaper then waiting till B360 ok

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

3 minutes ago, UselessChimp said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yfGYsm_fv0

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, UselessChimp said:

Personally, I'd get the 8700 and get a motherboard that supports base clock overclocking. That way you can get another 5-10% performance or even better out the thing.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240