MB: GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 
CPU: AMD Vishera FX-8300 
GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 470 4GB 
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 
PSU: Seasonic S12II-620 620W 
Case: NZXT S340 
SSD: Kingston HyperX Savage - 240GB 
HDD: WD Blue EX - 1TB 

And I was running 4.4Ghz stable overclock but recently I noticed that only half of my ram is usable So I started troubleshooting. I tried only one stick everything worked fine then I tried second one and nothing. So I am like alright the stick is broken. But than I tried b1 slot instead of a1 slot and it worked but with boot failure. So I reset my bios with works fine with stock settings so all I tried was putting xmp profile to get 1866Mhz and it won't lunch. But if I put both sticks there and run memory at 1866Mhz with rest of bios on default both sticks works fine at that frequency. So at this point I have working memory so I applied my 4.2 overclock which I knew is safe and it worked fine both memory there so I tried my 4.4Ghz overlock which is basically same except multiplier and it doesnt work now only half of memory is usable. So I reset bios once more apply 4.2 and it doesn't work this time. But when I reset bios 16gigs are usable. I tried lot of tweaking to get this work from windows to bios playing with voltages and stuff but I can't get it to work. I am quite frustrated at this point. Any reasonable ideas?

You're not winning much OC'ing that chip, your time is better spent getting your memory @ 1866 and your CPU going at a semi-decent speed. Going over 4GHz really isn't that much of a real world improvement.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

52 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

You're not winning much OC'ing that chip, your time is better spent getting your memory @ 1866 and your CPU going at a semi-decent speed. Going over 4GHz really isn't that much of a real world improvement.

Well I gained like 10fps in pubg and fps doesn't drop anymore. And it was also improvement in fps stability in csgo. 

Where are you seeing that only half the ram is available? in task manager, bios, cpu-z or something else? The reason I ask is because the Crucial Balastix is know to not read in certain software including their own Mod software. So I just wanted to get that out of the way. Is it possible for you to post your overclock settings? FX can be touchy and if I know your settings I may be able to help. Also just to be sure, both ram sticks are the same? I assume they came as a kit of 2, but just want to check. Since the ram is working at default settings but not once you try to overclock, I would say it's got to be something in your settings. 

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+

1 hour ago, Santo22 said:

Where are you seeing that only half the ram is available? in task manager, bios, cpu-z or something else? The reason I ask is because the Crucial Balastix is know to not read in certain software including their own Mod software. So I just wanted to get that out of the way. Is it possible for you to post your overclock settings? FX can be touchy and if I know your settings I may be able to help. Also just to be sure, both ram sticks are the same? I assume they came as a kit of 2, but just want to check. Since the ram is working at default settings but not once you try to overclock, I would say it's got to be something in your settings. 

Bios shows me all 16gb task manager is showing only ram that is currently available which shows about 6gb. Cpuz detects both sticks and aida64 is showing only 8gb. And in windows system info is showing 16gb(7,96 usable). I can tell that it is only half of ram because textures in pubg are not loading properly like they are when all 16 gigs are usable 

On 10/27/2017 at 6:30 PM, Santo22 said:

They are both from kit, yes here is my settings. But I figured out that OC works when I leave dram voltage and ram frequency  at stock but it doesn't work even with all settings at default and puting ram frequency at 1866 which worked just yesterday. It is really giving me headache. 

IMG_20171028_192549.jpg

IMG_20171028_192600.jpg

IMG_20171028_192758.jpg

have you tried increasing dram voltage to 1.65? I'm not familiar with that board, but also increasing LLC will generally help with your overclock stability. I had to increase mine to Ultra and 140% to get stable. Not that this will effect the ram, but just a tip for the oc itself. What I would do is reset bios to default settings and before attempting overclock, overclock the ram and get that stable first. that way you can see where the issue is coming from. Once you are able to get the ram to run where you want it and showing all 16gb, then start tweaking OC. If something makes the ram stop working  then you'll atleast know which setting is causing the conflict. Best I got for you right now. 

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+

5 hours ago, Santo22 said:

have you tried increasing dram voltage to 1.65? I'm not familiar with that board, but also increasing LLC will generally help with your overclock stability. I had to increase mine to Ultra and 140% to get stable. Not that this will effect the ram, but just a tip for the oc itself. What I would do is reset bios to default settings and before attempting overclock, overclock the ram and get that stable first. that way you can see where the issue is coming from. Once you are able to get the ram to run where you want it and showing all 16gb, then start tweaking OC. If something makes the ram stop working  then you'll atleast know which setting is causing the conflict. Best I got for you right now. 

Yes I tried voltage up to 1.65. My overclock itself is stable it doesn't crash or anything. Just ram is doing whatever wants at this point. Now it doesn't even work with reset bios and stock frequency. I guess I will have to claim a warranty on this one.