PC REFUSES TO SHUT DOWN!

Go to solution Solved by SMass620,
4 minutes ago, venomzeo said:

Come one. If you’re not going to help me please do not message. It’s really annoying.

Theyre actually helpful. They fixed my soundcard for free

I have some what of a serious problem. My pc refuses to shutdown, sleep, or hibernate.all this happens after I cloned my 224ssd to my 1tb nvme. The pc started with the fact it was giving me q-code 8. It was stuck there for a while so I reset it. Then I did the cloning. I then went to flash the bios from 1001 to 1005 (asus crosshair 6 hero am4). THEN I booted from the clone (after bios flash).me having the ruzwn build, I thought it was a good idea to mess with the dohcp settings cus ryzen and ram.(64gb rated at 2666, runs at default 2130? Or something). Do a few reboots and stuff. Got stuck on q-code 8 agin this time I refused to reset. Had to hard shut down after a few minutes.that is when I had to do all these reset. It started to freeze at boot on the ROG logo. Eventually I had to clear cemos and do a hard shut down including the psu.at some point I changed the dohcp setting from 2660 to 2400. Left it there and it booted correctly and the pc still saw 2113.( or something). I didn’t think much of it so I went ahead and started some homework on adobe for about 30mins then games for about 2hrs. That’s when I noticed that it was refucing to shutdown sleep or hibernate. Me and a friend started to figure out what t was that was causing it. After serval attempts of shutting down or anything else, I decided to go to bios and disable fast boot because I thought that was the issue. It was still refusing. I left it on all night (4-5hrs) before I decided to hard shut down for the rest of the day. Still off as I am typing this out. I don’t know what to do. 

20 minutes ago, SMass620 said:

Did you try restarting it?

Yes I have. 3 times to be exact. That’s the strange thing too. It restarts but nothing else. 

4 minutes ago, remo said:

Try turning it off and on

I’m going to assume that was a joke. 

It was. Try using different parts, maybe a spare HDD or a fresh copy of windows, maybe reset BIOS

14 minutes ago, SMass620 said:

It was. Message windows support

Come one. If you’re not going to help me please do not message. It’s really annoying.

4 minutes ago, venomzeo said:

1 minute ago, SMass620 said:

I’ll give them a try. In the mean while, I do ask anyone else to help. 

Ok so I was able to get it to shut down on command but it still doesn’t want to go to sleep mode. After I hit sleep, display goes black. Pc is still on but it seems to only log me off the acount. Note that the computer is under q-code 00 during this state. I would have to move mouse or press a key to “wake it up”. Still trying to figure it out 

i have fixed the issue of refusing to shutdown or going to sleep mode.

go to power options>choose what the power button does>change settings that are currently unavailable>uncheck "turn on fast startup". that allowed the computer to shutdown on command

the following allowed the computer to go into sleep mode on command

go to power options>change plan settings>change advanced power settings>scroll down to sleep (expand)>hybrid sleep(expand)>turn off hybrid sleep.