Are My Mobo and CPU too low end for my rig?

Go to solution Solved by Valkyrie Lenneth,
2 minutes ago, Trevor Thompson said:

So then what do you suggest I upgrade to?

upgrade ur ram with the same kit as u currently got

get an ssd

for the rest? change nothing

23 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

8gb is actually not ok for gaming depending on what game u play, u wont be able to properly run bf1 with that for example . u already need 16gb for gaming these days

also streaming doesnt eat much ram at all, it doesnt make much difference, however having 50tabs on chrome will eat alot of ram but thats just plain logic

16gb is recommended for any high end rig ( example hes 6700k with a 1080gtx ... )

Played BF1 on the pc I built my nephew and he only has 8gb ram. Ran smooth and no crashes.

SSD for the OS and oc your ram if you can or get faster RAM, and maybe a 240/280 AOI if you need the extra cooling performance in case you have thermal problems. That's a very solidly specced system otherwise, are you trying to hit 144 fps on 1440/4k or something ?

4 minutes ago, RiceAhoy said:

Played BF1 on the pc I built my nephew and he only has 8gb ram. Ran smooth and no crashes.

yeah because ram errors dont just work by running a game and oh the game doesnt crash so its stable, u need to test ram extensively

run memtest89 for atleast 24hours and prime95 custom ( filling all of ur ram ) for atleast 24hours because errors can still come after 15-17hours ( got enough experience to know that )

with unstable ram u can actually run quite a few applications smooth and no crashes, but when the issues / instability does start to show its already too late and u probably corrupted ur windows

ram isnt just like ocing a cpu, it has WAY more to it then that ( hence why u need a MINIMUM OF 24HOURS on memtest89 and prime95 custom... if u dont do the custom + fill the ram its an invalid test for ur ram )

(◑‿◐)

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

yeah because ram errors dont just work by running a game and oh the game doesnt crash so its stable, u need to test ram extensively

run memtest89 for atleast 24hours and prime95 custom ( filling all of ur ram ) for atleast 24hours because errors can still come after 15-17hours ( got enough experience to know that )

with unstable ram u can actually run quite a few applications smooth and no crashes, but when the issues / instability does start to show its already too late and u probably corrupted ur windows

ram isnt just like ocing a cpu, it has WAY more to it then that ( hence why u need a MINIMUM OF 24HOURS on memtest89 and prime95 custom... if u dont do the custom + fill the ram its an invalid test for ur ram )

Bro, chill. My nephew's pc has been stable for gaming for the past 2 years. I specifically built his PC just for gaming. Not gonna do extensive tests for a gaming pc. Stable PC is stable. End of story.

4 minutes ago, RiceAhoy said:

Bro, chill. My nephew's pc has been stable for gaming for the past 2 years. I specifically built his PC just for gaming. Not gonna do extensive tests for a gaming pc. Stable PC is stable. End of story.

no 24hour memtest89 confirmed and prime95 custom for atleast 24hour, pc is not stable, end of story

also im out bcoz ur too stubborn, cya ( enjoy the unstability which u have due to undervolting / wrong cas latency ratio( based on ur topic that u created ) xD , and stop spreading false information )

(◑‿◐)

4 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

no 24hour memtest89 confirmed and prime95 custom for atleast 24hour, pc is not stable, end of story

also im out bcoz ur too stubborn, cya ( enjoy the unstability which u have due to undervolting / wrong cas latency ratio( based on ur topic that u created ) xD , and stop spreading false information )

Yep. My nephew's pc is unstable because I didn't do a test even though he has never had a pc crash with his regular pc activity for 2 years. Cool story bro.

6 minutes ago, RiceAhoy said:

Yep. My nephew's pc is unstable because I didn't do a test even though he has never had a pc crash with his regular pc activity for 2 years. Cool story bro.

1600 to 2200 11-12-12 @ 1.52 volt is not stable , end of story . muted lol

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

1600 to 2200 11-12-12 @ 1.52 volt is not stable , end of story . muted lol

HEMADBRO.

Im 13 so any chance of work is for a weekend at best, and I wasn't joking because i cant go to jail.