How do you properly save php files in Web Expression 4?

vibeit

When I save php files in Web Expression 4, the software seems to save the file as text files despite having a php extension and when I preview the page on the browser it is showing the source code in plain text instead of a rendered web page. Does anyone know how to fix this?

My system: CPU: Intel i5 6500; Mobo: H110M-k; GPU: Nvidia GT 730; Memory: 16 GB; HDD: 2x 1TB HDD;

How did you save the files? If its saved as a .txt then at some point you told it to do so.

savephp.png

Loading .php files them directly into the browser will not work. Web browsers do not understand PHP.

To run php code on your pc you need install a webserver environment using using a suite such as XAMPP or WAMP

Save your sites files in the htdocs (or www for wamp)  folder and navigate to http://localhost to run your php code.

I already have apache running. It seems like php files saved through this IDE are just saved as text even if the extension is php. First indicator I see is that syntax highlighting doesn't work. Typed source codes are all in black. CSS files are fine though.

My system: CPU: Intel i5 6500; Mobo: H110M-k; GPU: Nvidia GT 730; Memory: 16 GB; HDD: 2x 1TB HDD;