Installing corsair AF120 fans

AidenNeill

Im purchasing a prebuilt pc soon and i want to buy extra fans which will be the corsair AF120's but im not sure how i would connect them to the mother board or is it the power supply they connect to hah (im a bit of a noob when it comes to connections etc.) My motherboard will be the asus sabertooth z87 thermal armor and my case is the corsair 540 air. I know how to screw them into their place but i dont know how to conenct them and if you get the power cables with them or what ? :S HELPP :)

If anyone can help me it would be appreciated

connect them to the mobo, just read the manual and the fan mounts will be located..

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Really easy, just make sure to consult the mobo manual on where the correct headers are located, The cables are already attached to the fans. You just plug and play :)

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Why are you buying extra fans again? If it's a pre built PC the existing cooling should be enough to keep it cool.

More fans could let him run said fans more slowly I suppose, also useful if you want to do any sort of overclocking. OR just to replace the (usually) crappy stock fans with something that doesn't wake up your dog in the next room when you turn them on :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Why are you buying extra fans again? If it's a pre built PC the existing cooling should be enough to keep it cool.

The corsair fans look smart and wouldnt mind them seen as i have an extra 2 spaces so why put them in :)

The corsair fans look smart and wouldnt mind them seen as i have an extra 2 spaces so why put them in :)

HEy if those stock fans are noticeably loud, consider just swapping them out straight up, it can really make a difference.