How does this configuration look?

Ecogamer414

I would save on the RAM unless you want to use it to host a small server for something on the side. Also check that the graphics card even fits into the case as it is common that people would order everything for smaller form factor builds and not have thier stuff fit.

Just now, Nipolean said:

I would save on the RAM unless you want to use it to host a small server for something on the side. Also check that the graphics card even fits into the case as it is common that people would order everything for smaller form factor builds and not have thier stuff fit.

And check about the cooler aswell

I'd think about replacing some of the fans that come with the 250D. Also, I recommend going with another mITX AM4 mobo. Currently I have the GA-AB350N. It's okay, but the CPU power connector is in a bit of a bad location.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Just now, Nipolean said:

Both are on the case's compatibility page:

250D

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

1 minute ago, Nipolean said:

What do you recommend i do then?

hi

I still want a 1080 ti for 4k gaming in the 250d, but it seems you guys think half of it is wrong. I need some help on a better list, or better parts on the one I am using.

hi

You could probably save some coin by getting a smaller SSD. Since you have a couple drive bays to work with throw a 3TB HDD for the random file storage. 

41 minutes ago, Ecogamer414 said:

I still want a 1080 ti for 4k gaming in the 250d, but it seems you guys think half of it is wrong. I need some help on a better list, or better parts on the one I am using.

I'm feeling benevolent, so here's a run down of all the components in that system, and why I think your choices are good or bad:

• Ryzen 7 1700X - Good choice, but you might be able to save a few dough by dropping down to the 1700 and just overclocking to make up the disparity in base clock speed. XFR isn't a must have in any case.
  • Corsair H100i - again a good choice, but pretty unnecessary. You can definitely save some money by going for a decent air cooler, such as something from Noctua or be quiet!.
  • Biostar X370GTN - I would recommend going for a B350 board from another "top tier" manufacturer such as ASUS or Gigabyte. Biostar are not exactly known for their quality. The Gigabyte GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI would be my pick.
  • Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB - What exactly do you need so much RAM for? 16GB is all you'll ever need for gaming for the next few years. Unless you need it for content creation/VMs/more heavy lifting, I would recommend a 16GB kit of the same memory.
  • Samsung 850 EVO 1TB - Again, slightly overkill for a build such as this. You'd be better served by a smaller SSD and a separate HDD for mass storage.
  • ASUS Turbo 1080Ti - Nice choice, though I'd avoid reference style blower coolers as they tend to run hotter and louder than their aftermarket counterparts. The EVGA SC 1080Ti is a better option.
  • Corsair 250D case - Great choice. Nothing I would change here.
  • Corsair 750W PSU - Total overkill for a system like this. I've dropped you down to an EVGA Supernova G3 650W PSU - this should still give you plenty of breathing room for the future, while saving you some dough in the short term.

Here's a link to a PC Part Picker list with the aforementioned changes applied: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kLgCNN

This configuration saves you almost $450 over your old setup, for almost no loss in performance whatsoever.

As an aside, why do you feel you need Mini ITX? It's tempting to build such a small system, but unless you have a good reason for wanting Mini ITX, you might be better served by a full-size ATX system.

Student of Computer Science, programming aficionado, has thrown a few builds together

@monotron, I don't think a 1TB SSD is overkill for a $2000 system. Though I would go NVMe, since your motherboard supports it. You can get a 1TB Intel NVMe drive for the same price as the 850 EVO.

Just now, Piraka~Mistika said:

@monotron, I don't think a 1TB SSD is overkill for a $2000 system. Though I would go NVMe, since your motherboard supports it. You can get a 1TB Intel NVMe drive for the same price as the 850 EVO.

Perhaps not, but it doesn't make sense when you can end up with much more storage for far less money - a more important consideration if you want to install lots of games etc.

Student of Computer Science, programming aficionado, has thrown a few builds together

I was just asking. I wanted a somewhat portable case but without compromise on portability, customization, looks, and part selection. Thank you all for your posts though.

hi