G-F SYNC Worth it?

MasterRaceMcqueen

If a get a 144hz NO SYNC turn the v-sync on and lock the frame time using the riva tuner at 144 fps i will see the difference between a 144hz G SYNC monitor?

1 minute ago, MasterRaceMcqueen said:

If a get a 144hz turn the v-sync on and lock the frame time using the riva tuner at 144 fps i will see the difference between a 144hz G SYNC monitor?

G-Sync only operates when your framerate is below the monitor's refresh rate. If you are getting 144 fps on a 144 Hz screen then there is no difference whether the monitor has G-Sync or not.

If you enable v-sync on a gsync monitor it just locks the GPU to 144 only when it passes 144hz, anything between 144 and like 20 will be under gsync

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

5 minutes ago, MasterRaceMcqueen said:

Someone who already teste it... if possible...

There's really nothing more to say than this:

5 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

G-Sync only operates when your framerate is below the monitor's refresh rate. If you are getting 144 fps on a 144 Hz screen then there is no difference whether the monitor has G-Sync or not.

If you can run your games at or above 144 Hz, there will be no difference.  If you can't quite hit 144 Hz, then yes, g/f sync would help, assuming your framerate is at least in the 40s or so (above the minimum needed for those technologies to kick in)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

G-sync is a bit overpriced in the market because of the shortage of panels/ qty demanded. Free sync monitors have less of a demand because more people are buying nvidia gpus and have no use for the freesync feature. If you have an AMD gpu you might as well get a freesync monitor because they don't rise the price of the monitors too much. If you have an Nvidia gpu, expect to spend around $400-800 depending if you get a 1080p 144hz or 1440p 144hz

28 minutes ago, MasterRaceMcqueen said:

If a get a 144hz NO SYNC turn the v-sync on and lock the frame time using the riva tuner at 144 fps i will see the difference between a 144hz G SYNC monitor?

What GPU are you using

With Vsync and no Gsync/Freesync, if your fps drops below 144, it will lock to 72 (half). If it drops below 72, it will lock to 36. If it drops below 36, it will lock to 18, and so on

Primary: CPU Core i7-4790K  |  MOBO Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H   |  RAM 24GB Crucial DDR3-1600 CL9  |  GPU XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition  |  CPU Cooler Thermaltake Frio Silent 14  |  Case Cooler Master N400  |  PSU Corsair CXM 750 Watt |  Boot Drive 500GB Samsung 850 Evo  |  Storage 500GB WD Laptop HDD + 2TB Toshiba HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 4TB WD Blue HDD  |  Monitor Acer XG270HU  |  Secondary Monitor Nixeus VUE-24  |  Tertiary Monitor Sony SDM-HS53  |  OS Windows 10

Secondary: (down for maintenance) CPU Core 2 Quad Q9300  |  MOBO (Asus P5N-E arriving soon)  |  RAM 8GB DDR2-800  |  GPU Visiontek Radeon R9 270  | CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper T2  |  Case Rajintek Arcadia  |  PSU EVGA 500 BV  |  Boot Drive 240GB PNY SSD  |  Storage 120GB Seagate PATA HDD  |  Removable Drives Sony PATA DVD RW Drive + 3.5 inch Floppy Drive  |  Monitor HP S2031  |  OS Windows 10

Can't say for high refresh rates but I have  4k 60hz gsync and although it is not faster with gsync, the absence of stuttering makes everything much smoother and fun. 

On 20/10/2017 at 4:49 PM, Glenwing said:

Your post has the answer to your own question, I don't know what else you want us to add to that video.

He didn't lock to 142 fps in rivatuner to stabilize the frame time so... nothing solid here...
I want to know the results with v-sync on in a 144hz no sync monitor and lock the frame time using the rivatuner at 142 fps... VS  g-f sync 144hz monitor... :/