New to PC Gaming! First time builder!

UnitedMonkey

I live in Australia My budget is maximum $3500 AUD / $2800 USD (rounded up). Im new to this whole pc / building one thing. i have watched a lot of videos of how to build a pc, how to set up the pc and part reviews on different parts. 

i have been looking around for roughly 2 months, this is the build i have come up with i know it is decent but i just want to know if there are parts that are better than these parts i have selected. I would just like to know if there are any parts better that are worth saving a bit more for or even if things do not work together or even if there are other things that work better.

All I am looking to do on this pc is to straight game on, nothing else.

Case - Corsair Carbide Air 740 ATX Case

CPU - Intel i7 7700k 

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Strix Z270F 

GPU - ASUS ROG Strix Geforce 1080 8gb   

Storage - Seagate Barracuda 2tb 

SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Memory - Corsair Vengance RGB16 3000MHz

PSU - Corsair RM750x 750 Power Supply 

Cooling - Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT PE

Thank you for helping me on this money spending spree!!

kaby lake isn't good value with coffee lake out now. even if availability isn't quite there.

and you don't really need that much wattage on PSU good model tho

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

Get a Coffee Lake processor. You should be able to get a i7-8700K + GTX 1080Ti PC for less than $3000 AUD.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Dont buy that.

Before we can help you, you need to tell us what monitor(s) you will be using with the system, and give us an idea of the games you'll be playing.

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

please dont get 7700k, get 8700k. would you mind tweaking me a little on your build? 

23 minutes ago, UnitedMonkey said:

I live in Australia My budget is maximum $3500 AUD / $2800 USD (rounded up). Im new to this whole pc / building one thing. i have watched a lot of videos of how to build a pc, how to set up the pc and part reviews on different parts. 

i have been looking around for roughly 2 months, this is the build i have come up with i know it is decent but i just want to know if there are parts that are better than these parts i have selected. I would just like to know if there are any parts better that are worth saving a bit more for or even if things do not work together or even if there are other things that work better.

All I am looking to do on this pc is to straight game on, nothing else.

Case - Corsair Carbide Air 740 ATX Case

CPU - Intel i7 7700k 

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Strix Z270F 

GPU - ASUS ROG Strix Geforce 1080 8gb   

Storage - Seagate Barracuda 2tb 

SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Memory - Corsair Vengance RGB16 3000MHz

PSU - Corsair RM750x 750 Power Supply 

Cooling - Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT PE

Thank you for helping me on this money spending spree!!

While they are tough to get at the moment, an i7-8700K really is the best choice. It is worth waiting if you can.

Since you are using an Asus Aura Sync motherboard (good choice BTW), use Aura Sync compatible components.

There is room in the budget for a 1TB ssd. If you really do need more storage, a Barracuda or WD Blue hdd can be easily added.

Case is a personal choice. If you love the Air 740, that's fine. But if you are open to something else, you might take a look at some of the Phanteks cases with Aura Sync compatible lighting and tempered glass windows.

A 550W psu is enough, 650W is more than enough.

au.pcpartpicker.com is a great tool for assembling builds. If you find different pricing or need a part that isn't listed, custom pricing and parts are easily included.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($549.00 @ Umart) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool - CAPTAIN 240EX RGB 153.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($149.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($293.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($265.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($399.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card  ($889.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Case: Corsair - Air 740 ATX Full Tower Case  ($189.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($148.50 @ Newegg Australia) 
Total: $2881.50
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-20 17:33 AEDT+1100

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

30 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

Dont buy that.

Before we can help you, you need to tell us what monitor(s) you will be using with the system, and give us an idea of the games you'll be playing.

I am mainly gonna be playing single player games but i will most definitly be playing games like Player unknown battle grounds, counter strike: global offensive and other game that gain my interest. 

I dont know what monitor i will be using. 

so i have a 7700k and a 1080 TI and at max on 1440p im still only getting like 75 fps average with dips into mid 60s. my point is, if your spending that much on a build, a 1080 TI should definently wiggle its way in there somewhere. the monitors are a big deal though, because if i was running 1080p that would shoot up to near a 100 fps average. less resolution, less needed horsepower if that makes sense. so really we need to know those monitors.

My Build: I7 7700k----1080 TI----Samsung 850 EVO 500gb----WD Blue 1tb----32gb Ripjaw 5 3000mhz----RIING 240 AIO----MSI z270 Gaming M5----EVGA G3 750W

All inside a Phanteks ENTHOO LUXE tempered glass edition. build name: Red Letter Day (wheres all the HL2 fans??)

14 minutes ago, UnitedMonkey said:

I am mainly gonna be playing single player games but i will most definitly be playing games like Player unknown battle grounds, counter strike: global offensive and other game that gain my interest. 

I dont know what monitor i will be using. 

what monitor you have now? do you want to include a new monitor in 3500$ budget? 

3 minutes ago, Fardin said:

what monitor you have now? do you want to include a new monitor in 3500$ budget? 

um I don't have a monitor at this point and it is not included in my budget. i know i definitly want something at 1920 x 1080 i just dont know whats good pricing or even what brand/type i want 

3 minutes ago, UnitedMonkey said:

um I don't have a monitor at this point and it is not included in my budget. i know i definitly want something at 1920 x 1080 i just dont know whats good pricing or even what brand/type i want 

you definitely go for 1440p monitor with that budget haha. alright lets see if you wanted to include a monitor & get the performance build, then consider something like this. 

CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($265.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($235.00 @ Scorptec) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($197.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($60.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 Video Card  ($1099.00 @ Umart) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($148.50 @ Newegg Australia) 
Monitor: Asus - MG279Q 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor  ($759.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Total: $3580.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-20 18:22 AEDT+1100

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

16 minutes ago, UnitedMonkey said:

& this is aesthetic build excluded monitor. you can check the asus mg279Q i included earlier, thats a good one. But for more monitor suggestion, @Sanctorum can help you out.  

CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($239.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($293.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($275.00 @ IJK) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($213.00 @ IJK) 
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($165.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  ($1149.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Total: $3160.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-20 18:34 AEDT+1100

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/nH64xY

So this is a pick from what everyone has said and there opinions! i kinda like staying with ASUS ROG! but if something is way better and cheaper happy to change. Thank you aswell! I gone a bit over budget but it good have christmas holidays coming up so extra pay.

@Fardin @Sanctorum

1 month and 1 week is cyber Monday I suggest to wait and buy parts then to cut down the cost

4 hours ago, UnitedMonkey said:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/nH64xY

So this is a pick from what everyone has said and there opinions! i kinda like staying with ASUS ROG! but if something is way better and cheaper happy to change. Thank you aswell! I gone a bit over budget but it good have christmas holidays coming up so extra pay.

@Fardin @Sanctorum

Get the cheaper Strix Z370-F mobo. Its pretty much the same mobo. Don't pay that much for your OS, its a waste of money. Dont get a WD Black, makes no sense and is ridiculously over priced. Id get this AIO instead if youre set on getting an AIO, as opposed to an air cooler;

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/RcdFf7/cooler-master-masterliquid-ml240l-rgb-667-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-mlw-d24m-a20pc-r1#viewImages

53 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

1 month and 1 week is cyber Monday I suggest to wait and buy parts then to cut down the cost

Whats cyber monday and what site is it on i may have a look 

4 hours ago, UnitedMonkey said:

Whats cyber monday and what site is it on i may have a look 

This is a uniquely US event. The day after US Thanksgiving is Black Friday, retail outlets open very early and offer incredibly good sales on a few items. Riots, literally, ensue. To counter this, US etailers offer very good deals on the Monday following US Thanksgiving, (so people could shop at work ;)).

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, brob said:

This is a uniquely US event. The day after US Thanksgiving is Black Friday, retail outlets open very early and offer incredibly good sales on a few items. Riots, literally, ensue. To counter this, US etailers offer very good deals on the Monday following US Thanksgiving, (so people could shop at work ;)).

Capitalism at its finest.

On 20/10/2017 at 10:05 PM, brob said:

Its not unique to the US. We've been getting ridiculous sales through Black Friday to Cyber Monday in the UK for years.

24 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

Its not unique to the US. We've been getting ridiculous sales through Black Friday to Cyber Monday in the UK for years.

The disease spreads. :)