Corsair Vengeance K65

Gargone77
Go to solution Solved by dogetorhue,

My k65 has a standard mini-usb, not micro. Also it has a cable management route so thicker cables will not be able to fit in. Good keyboard BTW.

Looking at picking up a Corsair Vengeance K65 on ebay, it's a customer return but is missing the cable.  The keyboard has a detachable cable, but I can't find anywhere to get a replacement.  My main question is, can I just use any micro-USB cable to hook this thing up?   Anybody who has one, or a similar Corsair, able to tell me if it's just a standard connection at the keyboard?  If so, this is a great deal, I have plenty of micro cables laying around now that our phones are both USB-C...

18 minutes ago, Gargone77 said:

Looking at picking up a Corsair Vengeance K65 on ebay, it's a customer return but is missing the cable.  The keyboard has a detachable cable, but I can't find anywhere to get a replacement.  My main question is, can I just use any micro-USB cable to hook this thing up?   Anybody who has one, or a similar Corsair, able to tell me if it's just a standard connection at the keyboard?  If so, this is a great deal, I have plenty of micro cables laying around now that our phones are both USB-C...

Yep just standard plug! any cable with the correct ends will work!

15 minutes ago, Gargone77 said:

Looks like a standard flat connection, Razer are dicks and put a USB connection with a 45 degree angle on it so you'd have to shave down a normal cable to make it fit.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816015

how much is the keyboard?

It's a bit more I'm sure at $80 USD, but the Masterkeys M maintains a number pad while being compact, and has basic white backlighting, which can be very useful. It also has built in macro capability that doesn't need software. You use numlock to switch between arrow/home/delete keys and the numberpad function.
https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01ITE93VA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508478691&sr=8-2&keywords=Masterkeys+M

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

My k65 has a standard mini-usb, not micro. Also it has a cable management route so thicker cables will not be able to fit in. Good keyboard BTW.

46 minutes ago, Siedge said:

Yep just standard plug! any cable with the correct ends will work!

Ummmm no. Do your research.

5 hours ago, dogetorhue said:

Ummmm no. Do your research.

He didn't ask what was on the end. He asked if the cable was special in an way or if any cable could be used (obviously you would need the right plug type) So my answer is correct.

Anybody who has one, or a similar Corsair, able to tell me if it's just a standard connection at the keyboard?

I took this to mean does it use a special type of cable. ie: a cable made just for said keyboard. Sort of like how oneplus phones only fast charge with special cables.

Yeah, basically wanted to know if it was a standard micro or mini USB, rather than something proprietary...