Need a new phone!

Propofolz

Hi community,

Unfortunately my S7 was destroyed when I fell while mountain biking and now need a new replacement. I am open to suggestions but so far am looking at the big flagship phones.

-S8+

-Note8

-Iphone 8+

-Pixel 2 XL

-LG V30

All I really do with the phone is general web browsing/youtube/photos and videos/listen to music. I don't play any games. I am concerned with Samsung and the lagginess after a few months that I've experience with my S7 and my friends have expressed the same issue with the newer Samsung units.

Thanks for your help!

S8 my favorite, remember phones are all personal u gonna get alot of different opinions on this one

its like comparing cars basicly ( on taste xD )

about the lag its coz ppl run too much software at once, u can tweak android quite alot to get it extreme quick even with slower devices

aswell u could enter developer mode and disable even built in android animations to make it even quicker xD

(◑‿◐)

I got the S8 for my first phone and I love it... I would go for the S8+ or Note 8

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

14 minutes ago, Propofolz said:

Hi community,

Unfortunately my S7 was destroyed when I fell while mountain biking and now need a new replacement. I am open to suggestions but so far am looking at the big flagship phones.

-S8+

-Note8

-Iphone 8+

-Pixel 2 XL

-LG V30

All I really do with the phone is general web browsing/youtube/photos and videos/listen to music. I don't play any games. I am concerned with Samsung and the lagginess after a few months that I've experience with my S7 and my friends have expressed the same issue with the newer Samsung units.

Thanks for your help!

I strongly recommend a Xiaomi phone. They can be tricky to get your hands on but they are absolutely brilliant. It will serve your purposes easily and they are relatively cheap. My Xiaomi note 3 pro cost me £180 and it still runs perfectly for nearly 2 years. Absolutely wonderful device.

Just now, Propofolz said:

Hi community,

-S8+

-Note8

-Iphone 8+

-Pixel 2 XL

-LG V30

Thanks for your help!

I would suggets you look for a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 if you like the new 2017 trend of full screen so you can save some money, but for some rumors that have been said, OnePlus may launch a OnePlus 5T before the end of the year, hopefully using a full screen like the other 2017 flagship phones. I money isnt a problem I would personally go with the Pixel 2XL, great camera, fast updates, pure android + free storage on Google Photos

I recently got the S8 Plus and I'm loving it. Responsive, awesome cameras, great UX and clean UI. Bloatware is thankfully not a problem this time. Last Samsung phone that I had before this was the S4 mini and that one was filled with Bloatware. I tried watching the Grand Tour on it and HDR is really nice. Not much HDR content on Youtube but there is some and it looks fantastic. I had an Asus Zenfone 2 before this, so this is a huge step forward for me. The fingerprint sensor is very fast but on the back, so it took me around a week to get used to it. It's also got Heart-rate and O2 Saturation sensors on the back. Do not get a wallet style case if you do end up getting an S8 because, the fingerprint sensor becomes unusable when you open those cases.