HD 2400 XT - Can run what ?

Lean18

I just got a pretty good deal from my local PCs shop. They had some old parts like - HyperX DDR2 kit ( 3 sticks, the 4th one is missing, they said ), a Core 2 Duo E4500 and a ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT, which i all got for 10 Euros. I have an ASUS mainboard that i could put all of these parts in and it supports overclocking ( BLCK ), so i might give a boost to the parts, but the main question is, can i run CS: Source at mid-ish and maybe CS:GO on lowest possible ? I have a pretty high tier pc too, but this is just for some older games and to have fun on the cheap.

depending on you resolution you should be able to run cs go on lowest with playable but not good in any way frames. For older games on the cheap you got a heck of a deal.

main system build --> i7-7700K (at 5.0 ghz), MSI Z270 SLI Motherboard, corsair vengeance lpx 8gb ddr4 2666mhz,  costume liquid cooling loop with 360 mm radiator on CPU, GTX 1080 gigabyte windforce OC, 1TB WD drive, 128 gb samsung nvme m.2, EVGA 850 watt semi modular power supply, CM storm stryker case (ya not ideal for costume loop), VIOTEK GN34C 34 inch curved monitor <----

Spoiler

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world."

Later on, i might get a Core 2 Duo E8600, cause that is the best the board takes. Well, it can take a X6800, but no thanks, thats too expensive, even used and even from Aliexpress. Maybe a better GPU, and yeah.

You'll find gaming with the 2400 hit and miss, not just due to the performance but the age of the driver/architecture.

Older games and source (on low) should generally work fine though.  For the $ you did good.

Side note: I got a box of 2400's/3450's:P

Also, i have never thought this board would 2.81Ghz on that E4500 CPU. The best i was doing before was with a Delidded E2200 and 2.6 ish GHZ.

8 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Side note: I got a box of 2400's/3450's:P

The thing the GPU is. U cant strap them together and make a more powerful one. And, gimme sum xD

Just now, DxMoose said:

The thing the GPU is. U cant strap them together and make a more powerful one. And, gimme sum xD

Pay for shipping m8 and I'll see what I can do. 

Only problem is that they're the DMS59 version, so you need like an adapter as well.  They're actually more expensive than the card itself (lol).

Just now, Biggerboot said:

Pay for shipping m8 and I'll see what I can do. 

Only problem is that they're the DMS59 version, so you need like an adapter as well.  They're actually more expensive than the card itself (lol).

Nah nah, im just joking. But still, it would be pretty cool if u could strap together old gpus and make a more powerful one.

Heres the Overclocks followup - 2.87Ghz. Cant show a pic right now cause pics are on my phone, my phone is an iphone, and yeah, itunes and all that.

Just now, DxMoose said:

Nah nah, im just joking. But still, it would be pretty cool if u could strap together old gpus and make a more powerful one.

lol yeah I figured but I wouldn't mind getting rid of some anyway.  A crazy crossfire experiment with those cards would be funny to pull off.

1 minute ago, Biggerboot said:

lol yeah I figured but I wouldn't mind getting rid of some anyway.  A crazy crossfire experiment with those cards would be funny to pull off.

I actually like that you can crossfire pretty much any AMD/ATI card, no matter which model it is.

And another followup - 2.92Ghz

Aaaand another followup - 3.03Ghz. Thats it, im off, 3Ghz, Stock Voltage. BLCK from 200Mhz to 275Mhz. Keep in mind that the stock was 2.20, and this isnt a OC or any high end board. It can OC, but thats all.