Single or Double Pump?

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
1 hour ago, StormHunter said:

Thx for the anwser, I was also guessing the same since the D5 pushes about 1500l/h while the raijintek barely pushes 500, but I wasn't sure about the head pressure which it had. Regarding the laing setup, I was refering to using one or two ddc pumps.

A single D5 is a better solution than two DDC pumps and certainly better than a single one. 

TBH, unless you really need to save on space, I wouldn't consider anything but a D5, it beats pretty much everything else in most categories. Even if you do need to save on space, EK's D5 Revo units are pretty small. 

Hi guys,

I recently redid my water cooling loop and have some issues with my pump. I have a Raijintek RAI-PM5 pump and I am almost sure that  it cannot cope with the new number of radiators. My loop is: pump > thin 240 > thick 240 > GPU > thick 480 > cpu >reservoir. The gpu temps are alright, but the cpu is not getting enough coolant. I know that the RAI-PM5 is pretty bad and I wanted to upgrade for a while but I don't know if I shoulg go for a single D5 pump or Dual D5 setup. Also, if you think that a laing setup instead of a D5 one is better, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

A single D5 will handle it fine. Going for two will give you redundancy, but it's not needed in terms of pressure. 

D5 pumps are made by Laing though..... So a D5 is a Laing setup. 

It also depends on the power that the pumps will output. Typically the faster the pump runs it outputs more pressure, like a car engine I guess. I have only used one water pump in my time in computers but I honestly can't remember the speed or if i had to use more then one. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

23 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

A single D5 will handle it fine. Going for two will give you redundancy, but it's not needed in terms of pressure. 

D5 pumps are made by Laing though..... So a D5 is a Laing setup. 

Thx for the anwser, I was also guessing the same since the D5 pushes about 1500l/h while the raijintek barely pushes 500, but I wasn't sure about the head pressure which it had. Regarding the laing setup, I was refering to using one or two ddc pumps.

1 hour ago, StormHunter said:

A single D5 is a better solution than two DDC pumps and certainly better than a single one. 

TBH, unless you really need to save on space, I wouldn't consider anything but a D5, it beats pretty much everything else in most categories. Even if you do need to save on space, EK's D5 Revo units are pretty small. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2017 at 11:10 PM, Oshino Shinobu said:

I did end up getting a d5 but I think that I might be doing something wrong since even this seems to not quite cut it. Anyways I'll keep on troubleshooting

If its a quality pump there isn't an issue with it. Either air in the loop or user error. Not enough stuff in that loop to give that pump a problem.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz