Windows 10 BSOD Issue

I have been having issues with windows 10. I upgraded to Kaby Lake in May and have had on and off issues. I have mem checked with no issues and stress tests show no signs of instability. I use Malwarebytes and windows defender which both never show any signs of a virus. I have all my drivers up to date. My computer has gotten BSOD before but the most recent I got on Friday and was stuck in a loop of BSOD. Every couple try's it would work and I would try to reset windows only for it to fail. I reinstalled windows via USB and now it works okay. Yesterday ghost recon froze and resulted in a BSOD on restart but I have been playing Shadow Of War and other games with no issues. Ghost recon did have issues loading in the terrain which was black during the 5min of gameplay before it froze. PUBG is used to be another BSOD issue for me. I cant tell if its a hardware problem or software.

I'm thinking its possible that it could be the GPU but I have stress tested for hours and gamed for hours with no issues. Its random. Also I called ASUS about it possibly being the mobo and they denied the possibility and stated its windows.

Please help.

Just now, jeff.proto-_- said:

What was the stop code?

The ghost recon time I not sure. I will take a picture next time. I searched them last night but I am at work so I will have to check my history. In the loop there was various different codes which is why I reinstalled. I was using CCleaner before but read that the registry cleaner is not a good thing to do so I don't use that anymore with the fresh install. 

Just now, jeff.proto-_- said:

The stop code is important, without it we can't help you. Write it down when you get your next BSOD

I will as soon as I get home. Thanks!

If it says MEMORY MANAGEMENT, you may need to replace your RAM, If it says SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED or something like that then you'll need to update your drivers

2 minutes ago, jeff.proto-_- said:

If it says MEMORY MANAGEMENT, you may need to replace your RAM, If it says SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED or something like that then you'll need to update your drivers

I think I seen KERNAL in one of them but I do not want to guess. I definitely seen THREAD in one but not sure what the surrounding text said.

13 minutes ago, BabyGroot69 said:

Snip

Umm full specs please?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 minute ago, jeff.proto-_- said:

That may be a hardware issue, have you OC'd your CPU?

I did use XMP Profile before and I did notice that every time I did that I had issues so I disabled it. 

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

Umm full specs please?

CPU: I7 7700K

Motherboard: Asus z270 Mark 1

RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum

GPU: EVGA FTW 1080ti

PSU: EVGA 850W Supernova G2

OS Drive: Samsung 960 256gb

Make sure if all your drivers are up to date, this tends to be a problem with windows 10 for some god awful reason. 

If it's memory management related it could just be your RAM is trying to run at a higher speed than what your motherboard can handle or it's just unstable so try taking back the speed of your RAM.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

7 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

0Make sure if all your drivers are up to date, this tends to be a problem with windows 10 for some god awful reason. 

If it's memory management related it could just be your RAM is trying to run at a higher speed than what your motherboard can handle or it's just unstable so try taking back the speed of your RAM.

Asus claims: 4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory

I am using 3000MHz. I do not have XMP enabled. 

Intel claims: DDR4-2133/2400, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V for its I7700k.

Not sure how that works out but I wouldn't know how to adjust it lower from the BIOS. I do not mess with voltages or anything like that.

Try running it at 2400mhz and see if the problem persist. The way you would do it in your BIOS should be pretty simple, you don't need to do anything to your voltages just leave those alone you just need to choose the option that lets you manually change the speed at which your RAM runs in the AI tweaker options of your bios. Should be under an option like Memory Frequency or DRAM frequency, you would just need to click on the box that list the frequency and select the speed you need the ram to run at.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

2 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

Try running it at 2400mhz and see if the problem persist. The way you would do it in your BIOS should be pretty simple, you don't need to do anything to your voltages just leave those alone you just need to choose the option that lets you manually change the speed at which your RAM runs in the AI tweaker options of your bios. Should be under an option like Memory Frequency or DRAM frequency, you would just need to click on the box that list the frequency and select the speed you need the ram to run at.

I will give that a try as soon as I get home. Thanks a lot!  Have you heard of that issue before? 

yes actually, one of my friends had an issue with his pc when he first built it. He was trying to run 1600mhz RAM but something in his system wasn't allowing 1600mhz so he lowered it down to 1333mhz and problem went away completely.

Just now, Ophidio said:

yes actually, one of my friends had an issue with his pc when he first built it. He was trying to run 1600mhz RAM but something in his system wasn't allowing 1600mhz so he lowered it down to 1333mhz and problem went away completely.

Interesting. It  makes sense. My board doesn't seem to stable with XMP enable either. I will change this and give it a day or two and report back if it happens or not. Thanks again!

In my bios the targeted speed was already 2133 but the actual drop down menu to change the speed was set to auto. I don't know if will overclock automatically over this targeted speed but I set it to 2133 instead of auto.

Okay so I stress tested my PC for about 2 hours with no issues. Booted up ghost recon and it froze. Get a BSOD with the error KMODE_EXECEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Then I rebooted made it to the home screen and got another BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I looked up the first one and it said it could be a driver issue. I also looked up if people had this issue with the controller wireless usb for windows xbox controller and they did. It does seem to be the last thing I bought for my computer and since has been acting up.

Update: I uninstalled Malwarebytes, afterburner, rivatuner and I am not using the controller and its working okay.