Batch Script to open/close programs with game launch

Go to solution Solved by Valkyrie Lenneth,
3 minutes ago, GmoJoe said:

Is there a way to automatically close out of a program when another runs, though?

Would something like "start file1.exe" "close file2.exe" work?

yeah there are programs for that exe detection that can run an batch after a program is not detected anymore or detected

forgot the name of the program tho but i remember i used one of these once long ago :v

and start 1 and close 2 also works ( but thats only when u press the batch so it closes one and starts the other )

i recommend u just get a tool with exe detection and run batches off the detections :v

Hi there,

I'm a bit new to this forum, but I figured this would be the best place to ask this, as I can't find exactly what I'm searching for through Googling.

Batch scripting is my most comfortable area in terms of automating repetitive tasks on the computer. As such, I'd like to know if there is a way to automatically close out of a running program when launching a certain game. For example, "close RivaTuner when PUBG starts" and then "open RivaTuner once PUBG closes".

If the latter isn't possible, how would I go about forcing RivaTuner open when I run other steam games? I know I can run straight from the file location, but for some games steam doesn't like this, so I'd like to find out a way to run the steam shortcut for booting up a game and automatically starting RivaTuner at the same time.

Thanks!

@echo off
cd "C:\Program Files\file1"
start file1.exe

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\file2"
start file2.exe

exit

-----

?

and just get a detection tool that detects which applications are running, that can run batches on command? o,o

(◑‿◐)

16 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

@echo off
cd "C:\Program Files\file1"
start file1.exe

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\file2"
start file2.exe

exit

-----

?

and just get a detection tool that detects which applications are running, that can run batches on command? o,o

Is there a way to automatically close out of a program when another runs, though?

3 minutes ago, GmoJoe said:

yeah there are programs for that exe detection that can run an batch after a program is not detected anymore or detected

forgot the name of the program tho but i remember i used one of these once long ago :v

and start 1 and close 2 also works ( but thats only when u press the batch so it closes one and starts the other )

i recommend u just get a tool with exe detection and run batches off the detections :v

(◑‿◐)