750Ti - one 4K screen + 2 1080p screens. Will it work?

Marine_Boy
Go to solution Solved by James09,

Have a look at the manufacturer's website of the specific card you want to purchase. They will usually include a Maximum Number of Displays listed. As long as its 3, it won't matter which 3 of the ports are populated. If you just need something with ports you might consider something in a similar price range as the 750ti but current gen, such as 1030 / 1050 or something from the red team. Most of those don't even need a power input, which I'm guessing is one of your requirements. Getting something current gen will usually result in more updated connectivity options. "Usually"

Just my 2c

Hello fellow tech enthusiasts!

I have a question. As the title says. Is it possible to run one 4K screen and two 1080p screens using a 750Ti GPU? No gaming whatsoever, just office work and some light AI and PS work. And if it isn't possible what would you suggest buying? It is worth to mention that I'm planning to run it on a pre-build from HP. Specifically this one: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/362518/hp-prodesk-490-g1-micro-tower-(d5t67eaabh)/specificaties/ I need this for one of our web developers in the company that I work for. I suggested buying a new PC, but they want to know if we can just upgrade the one that is already there. 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

Should work, according to nvidia you can hook up to 4 displays. if you have a 4k 60hz screen use the displayport or a displayport to hdmi 2.0 adapter, 

the build in hdmi is only hdmi 1.4 / 4k 30hz.

Just now, Alpha_Krk said:

depends whitch 750ti, akaif none of them have a hdmi/displayport

They actually do have an HDMI port, but indeed no DP port :/

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

I love NZXT as well <3

Just now, Rolling Potatoe said:

some do, example https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Display-Graphics-02G-P4-3757-KR/dp/B00J0ISHMQ

so one 1080 display over hdmi 1.4, one over dvi and one over displayport for example.

Ok, thanks for your help! Now I just need to see if the 750Ti will fit into this piece of crap pre-build from HP. 

I love NZXT as well <3

Have a look at the manufacturer's website of the specific card you want to purchase. They will usually include a Maximum Number of Displays listed. As long as its 3, it won't matter which 3 of the ports are populated. If you just need something with ports you might consider something in a similar price range as the 750ti but current gen, such as 1030 / 1050 or something from the red team. Most of those don't even need a power input, which I'm guessing is one of your requirements. Getting something current gen will usually result in more updated connectivity options. "Usually"

Just my 2c

3 minutes ago, James09 said:

Just my 2c

You correctly pointed out that no external power requirement is a thing in this case. I will look into some GeForce 1050. Don't know why didn't I consider this one in the beginning :/ Thanks! 

I love NZXT as well <3

4 hours ago, Alpha_Krk said:

depends whitch 750ti, akaif none of them have a hdmi/displayport

Confirming that some do, I am running a hdmi monitor off my 750 ti to write this

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.