RGB Interoperability

micro1331
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
39 minutes ago, micro1331 said:

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but I'm not terribly concerned with syncing using different software.  More-so that I can control the lighting of different companies products with a single companies controller/software.  Or if corsair fans for example are somehow proprietary to their controller/software.

Unforately everyone has their own proprietary softwares thay use. 

With all of the RGB products on the market nowadays I was curious how well they all work together if you don't stick with a particular brand. I assume the strips tend to be standard 5050 SMD strips that work with any controller and follow the standard, but I wasn't sure about AIO coolers, RGB Fans, and other accessories.

For example, if I went with NZXT's Kraken X52, but wanted to use Corsair's HD120 RGB fans with it, and some CableMod RGB strips is that possible?  What about RGB controllers, do they work with all products from all companies?  How about the software as well?  In the scenario provided, would I be able to use the NZXT CAM software to control everything, or would I need NZXT's CAM software to control the AIO lights, Corsair Link for the fans, and either one of those from the strips?

28 minutes ago, micro1331 said:

With all of the RGB products on the market nowadays I was curious how well they all work together if you don't stick with a particular brand. I assume the strips tend to be standard 5050 SMD strips that work with any controller and follow the standard, but I wasn't sure about AIO coolers, RGB Fans, and other accessories.

For example, if I went with NZXT's Kraken X52, but wanted to use Corsair's HD120 RGB fans with it, and some CableMod RGB strips is that possible?  What about RGB controllers, do they work with all products from all companies?  How about the software as well?  In the scenario provided, would I be able to use the NZXT CAM software to control everything, or would I need NZXT's CAM software to control the AIO lights, Corsair Link for the fans, and either one of those from the strips?

RGB syncing between different softwares is not possible they must stick with one standard for everything to be compatible. 

13 hours ago, W-L said:

RGB syncing between different softwares is not possible they must stick with one standard for everything to be compatible. 

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but I'm not terribly concerned with syncing using different software.  More-so that I can control the lighting of different companies products with a single companies controller/software.  Or if corsair fans for example are somehow proprietary to their controller/software.

39 minutes ago, micro1331 said:

Unforately everyone has their own proprietary softwares thay use.