supremefx and hd 650?

So, i have a pair of hd 650 and there is a supreme fx settings for 7.1, when i turn it on, it decreases the soundstage but also increases the volume a lot so its hard to hear the differences in sound quality. Should i just keep on stero for the best sound quality?

2 minutes ago, keiwein2 said:

Should i just keep on speaker for the best sound quality?

Where does the speaker come in?

My life

yeah, but im not looking for things to give me edge in games, im just looking for what will give me the best sound quality in music. I think that means stereo but i'm not so well versed in the supreme fx software

8 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

I would keep it to stereo, 7.1 is more of used for games when 3d audio is important

ok, thx, do u know how i get the internal amp to work on this, im having to turn up my volume to like 70-80 to get them to drive the hd650 well

Second, the HD 650s are not your standard plug’em-in-to-any-old-iPod kind of headphones. They need ample wattage and a good amplifier to really sing. Could you just plug them into your Macbook’s audio jack? Yeah, you could do that, but that would be like putting a nascar engine in your Subaru — it doesn’t really make sense. To use them to their fullest, the 650s will forever need to be tethered to a nice amp, and if you don’t already own one, that’s another $500 (and up) investment.

2 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

right now, i will be getting a schiit stack for them, but until then, the asus motherboard advertises that it has an in built amplifier that can power up to 600 ohms but ur suppose to see the amplifier options come up when you plug a high ohm headphone into the, the hd650 so far does not show up and it doesnt give me any options as far as amplification is concerned

1 minute ago, keiwein2 said:

right now, i will be getting a schiit stack for them, but until then, the asus motherboard advertises that it has an in built amplifier that can power up to 600 ohms but ur suppose to see the amplifier options come up when you plug a high ohm headphone into the, the hd650 so far does not show up and it doesnt give me any options as far as amplification is concerned

Whats the mobo?

Just now, RAM555789 said:

Whats the mobo?

maximus 8 hero

4 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Whats the mobo?

wait, i think its because i dont have the headphones plugged into the front panel connectors, thank you so much for the help :)