Why removing pass-through charging cable from dongle disconnects usb drives ?

I got Juiced Systems BizHUB dongle.

If I remove the pass through charging cable, connected devices are disconnected and reconnected with a warning 'Device not ejected properly'.

Why is that ?

because u removed power to hub and now laptop is powering hub , hence system saw devices unplug then re plug

1 hour ago, jools said:

hence system saw devices unplug then re plug

What?? Doesn't make any sense.

Even though the hub is powered by MacBook when pass-through charging cable is removed, isn't it supposed to be a seamless experience? If I'm watching a movie from external HDD, it stops if I remove charger. Isn't good.

I bought mine based on Linus' recommendation. Does this happen with all dongles?

power to hub has been reduced,hub now receives power thru usb . it is obviously not seemless, hence leave charging cable in

usb

The USB 1.x and 2.0 specifications provide a 5 V supply on a single wire to power connected USB devices.

A unit load is defined as 100 mA in USB 2.0, and 150 mA in USB 3.0. A device may draw a maximum of 5 unit loads (500 mA) from a port in USB 2.0; 6 (900 mA) in USB 3.0.

I got entry 2017 MacBook Pro touch bar with four usb 3.1 gen 2 that supports thunderbolt 3.

To support 3 high demand usb3 capable device the dongle has to provide for 13.5W. More if the SD and microSD is used. Shouldn't the dongle take the power from the MacBooks port in such a way(instantly) so that the user doesn't see the dis(re)connection ?

My case --

[Pass through charging isn't being used]

When I plug in a Seagate 512G HDD, the hub disconnects & reconnects the USB thumb drive and sd card.

&

[Pass through charging is being used]

If I disconnect the charging, everything is disconnected and reconnected.

Does this happen with all USB-C dongles out there or is it just my case ? Regardless, it's super inconvenient.