Cheap AM4 cooler

BurblingBarbacoa
Go to solution Solved by Herman Mcpootis,
19 minutes ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:

It says it can cool up to 70w tdp chips and the 1800x is at 95w stock. Will that end up being a problem with the system running for just a few minutes? 

for a short test run to check if it works, it'll be fine. i wouldn't stress the CPU though.

Hey, 

I'm planning a water cooled build and I obviously want to test the system before I go and slap water blocks on everything. The 1800x doesn't come with a cooler, so I'm looking for the cheapest air cooler that will handle the 1800x for a quick component test... 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RhQypg/arctic-cooling-cpu-cooler-acalp64gt cheapest on pcpartpicker

you can probably find something even cheaper on eBay if that helps.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RhQypg/arctic-cooling-cpu-cooler-acalp64gt cheapest on pcpartpicker

you can probably find something even cheaper on eBay if that helps.

It says it can cool up to 70w tdp chips and the 1800x is at 95w stock. Will that end up being a problem with the system running for just a few minutes? 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

19 minutes ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:

for a short test run to check if it works, it'll be fine. i wouldn't stress the CPU though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

Yeah, all I'd be doing is going into the BIOS and checking that everything is working and detected. 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

It's gonna be fine for a quick run,don't put load on the cpu tho....

26 minutes ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard