Gaming fps drops with bottlenecking

Chimyy
Go to solution Solved by RAM555789,

RIP your HDD its artifacting, you need a new one, with all the possible viruses that malewarebytes might not have gotten I would go with a completely fresh one unless you have data that is ABSOUTLEY necessary. Probably wanna get a new PSU before it literally blows up, fires all your components or catches fire. The HDD is probable part of the reason your seeing fps drops and stuttering, and your CPU is horrible.

Hi guys I'm kinda new to this kind of stuff so any help would be appreciated,

First of all my pc specs:

CPU:AMD FX-6100

GPU: RX 460 2GB

PSU: GIGATECH 550W

RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHZ

HDD: SEAGATE 250 GB

MOBO: ASRock 960GM-GS3 FX (CPUSocket) AM3+ SOCKET

So recently I bought an rx 460 2gb and started to see that my pc was a bit slower (etc. opening folders,browsing,playing games) and I figured out that theres a bottleneck with msi afterburner. The CPU was working max 70% (under load) and GPU 30-50% (under load) with games like CS:GO, H1Z1 KOTK, League, but I found that the best CPU match for an rx 460 was the fx-6100 on Game Debate site and I was like how, maybe its not a bottleneck. Tried reinstaling the GPU drivers- nothing, Before I had an amd radeon hd 7770 1gb and it was working fine until it died but it was old and getting a bit hot sometimes. So I tought it was just a bottleneck and lived with it, started looking for a cpu upgrade.

By that time I was able to play H1Z1 with low settings and then started some problems. The game sometimes crashed not too much like 2-3 time saying that the radeon settings have been restored (not that I overclocked the GPU). Temperatures were fine all the time CPU max 50 C and GPU max 60 C, and I tested the RAM with Memtest86 (no errors at all), tested the hard drive with SeaTools (no errors- all pass). After that most games would not load fast I would like have to wait 4-5 minutes in H1Z1 so buildings and loot can spawn and the fps started droping from 50-ish to 0.

Sometimes after I restart my pc, windows starts with CHKDSK and this happened a lot, dont know why, a couple of times there were like green and purple colors on the bottom of the screen.Then I scaned my pc with MalwareBytes and found 12 threats, 4 of were viruses named RiskWare.IFEOHijack and I have read what is that and it's not good, deleted all of those and restarted. I noticed a bit of improvement like higher fps, no drops at all, 15-20 minutes later started the same, fps drops. Another thing is that before I heard some vibrations and clicking coming from the case so I opened it and ran it with the side panel off. The noise came form the PSU and I know it's a cheap crappy PSU from GigaTech but some noise came from the hard drive too so I dont know whats the problem, both? The vibartion is almost every 3-4 seconds (sometimes stops) but the clicking comes while under load.

And I noticed too that fps drops happen when the Core cock drops to about 200 MHz and same with Memory clock.

I know theres a lot of problems here, thank you for your recommendations.

22403952_1650073675065789_2082053857_o.jpg

zeleno.png

22449393_1650072995065857_58544988_o.jpg

22403980_1650073688399121_2141937896_o.jpg

error2.png

fps drop.png

RIP your HDD its artifacting, you need a new one, with all the possible viruses that malewarebytes might not have gotten I would go with a completely fresh one unless you have data that is ABSOUTLEY necessary. Probably wanna get a new PSU before it literally blows up, fires all your components or catches fire. The HDD is probable part of the reason your seeing fps drops and stuttering, and your CPU is horrible.

7 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Oh okey so is it possible that the virus corrupted other files that I cant scan or find(if are they corrupted they have to be deleted?i cant save them in any means) and will installing a new OS help anyhow, any yeah I know the cpu is shit I'm gonna change that too.

No, reinstalling the OS on that drive would not help as the HDD is a major problem, its why your having issues with game like H1Z1 loading and the lines going across the screen, and the CHKDSK. If you replace the HDD and you still have those lines then your RAM is also bad, which could be a result from the PSU becoming faulty. I honestly would be afraid to turn on my PC because of the PSU.

4 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

No, reinstalling the OS on that drive would not help as the HDD is a major problem, its why your having issues with game like H1Z1 loading and the lines going across the screen, and the CHKDSK. If you replace the HDD and you still have those lines then your RAM is also bad, which could be a result from the PSU becoming faulty. I honestly would be afraid to turn on my PC because of the PSU.

So with what should I go first hard drive or psu, kinda can't do both because I'm on a very tight buget.

3 minutes ago, Chimyy said:

So with what should I go first hard drive or psu, kinda can't do both because I'm on a very tight buget.

I'm going to say PSU first because if your PSU goes it could completely fry your PC. If your HDD fails its not going to destroy the rest of your PC.

13 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

I'm going to say PSU first because if your PSU goes it could completely fry your PC. If your HDD fails its not going to destroy the rest of your PC.

Thanks a lot :D