I got $1800 to put together a streaming/gaming rig! Please help a brotha the out!!

What are the specs of your current rig? What are you using this PC for?

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Currently i have a i5-7600k with a corsair water cooler I have a really solid msi mobo, evga gtx1060, 16gigs ddr4 ram 650watts bronze power supply

5 minutes ago, Untiltedplayer said:

Currently i have a i5-7600k with a corsair water cooler I have a really solid msi mobo, evga gtx1060, 16gigs ddr4 ram 650watts bronze power supply

The parts list looks alright but I'd rather go for the 550W BitFenix Whisper M since the fan curve on the EVGA SuperNOVA G3 is stupidly aggressive, making the unit itself quite loud.

Also need to mention that there are other GTX 1080s at the same price (such as the ASUS STRIX) that are better choices.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

5 minutes ago, Untiltedplayer said:

Just get the 7700K. There is a small difference between the 8700K. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

He would benefit significantly from the two extra cores if he's streaming and gaming simultaneously.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Theres a huge difference while streaming.

10 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

The parts list looks alright but I'd rather go for the 550W BitFenix Whisper M since the fan curve on the EVGA SuperNOVA G3 is stupidly aggressive, making the unit itself quite loud.

Also need to mention that there are other GTX 1080s at the same price (such as the ASUS STRIX) that are better choices.

Pretty sure the g3 has an eco mode switch

3 minutes ago, TheOriginalHero said:

Pretty sure the g3 has an eco mode switch

Like I said, the fan curve is stupidly aggressive. Even at low loads, the fan ramps up to some rather high RPMs. For that reason, the EVGA G3 isn't that great IMO.

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

And by small you mean very huge in multithreated work loads like op wants to do?

3 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Like I said, the fan curve is stupidly aggressive. Even at low loads, the fan ramps up to some rather high RPMs. For that reason, the EVGA G3 isn't that great IMO.

I have the g2. Once you turn on the ecomode it doesnt turn on fans till like 50% load

Just now, TheOriginalHero said:

I have the g2. Once you turn on the ecomode it doesnt turn on fans till like 50% load

I too have the G2. And indeed, it's quiet.

But the G2 and G3 are two completely different power supplies.

Spoiler

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

I too have the G2. And indeed, it's quiet.

But the G2 and G3 are two completely different power supplies.

Fair enough. Just assumed the g3 was a better g2

11 minutes ago, TheOriginalHero said:

I'll watch this is in a bit I'm glad you sent this.

8 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Just now, Untiltedplayer said:

I'll watch this is in a bit I'm glad you sent this.

This might help you decide

29 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

but streaming, and 2 extra cores.

32 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

He would benefit significantly from the two extra cores if he's streaming and gaming simultaneously.

26 minutes ago, TheOriginalHero said:

16 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

And by small you mean very huge in multithreated work loads like op wants to do?

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

but streaming, and 2 extra cores.

I Forgot that the i7 is a 6c/12t . :P I thought it was a 4c/8t. :P 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 hour ago, Untiltedplayer said:

Reuse the ram, i dont think you will be okay with existing 16gb ddr4 or i would suggest not to buy new ram for now, instead get 1080ti 

9 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

I Forgot that the i7 is a 6c/12t . :P I thought it was a 4c/8t. :P 

it's kinda habit, isnt it? :P