Will an R9 380 be enough for a Ryzen R5 1600?

Jubawub
Go to solution Solved by xc3ll,
15 minutes ago, Jubawub said:

Well I am planning on doing more than just gaming. Maybe streaming and at least light video editing. Would you recommend saving the $40 to get a 1400 and maybe invest in some decent cooling with that money?

In that case, go with the 1600! It's a way better deal for any use-case, that can benefit from more cores.

2 minutes ago, Jubawub said:

Bottleneck or nah?

cpu or gpu bottleneck 

rip

Looks like a well balanced system. You could even go a little lower on the CPU, depending on the games you want to play. Most of them don't really benefit from more than 4 cores, but some do.

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

2 minutes ago, xc3ll said:

Looks like a well balanced system. You could even go a little lower on the CPU, depending on the games you want to play. Most of them don't really benefit from more than 4 cores, but some do.

Well I am planning on doing more than just gaming. Maybe streaming and at least light video editing. Would you recommend saving the $40 to get a 1400 and maybe invest in some decent cooling with that money?

12 minutes ago, rip said:

cpu or gpu bottleneck 

GPU sorry, I hinted at it in the title but should have specified

15 minutes ago, Jubawub said:

In that case, go with the 1600! It's a way better deal for any use-case, that can benefit from more cores.

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901