ASUS error codes

Hi,

I have an ASUS P8B75-M motherboard, and when I turn it on makes 4 beeps then a high-pitched one, then boot loops and does the same thing for four more times, then does nothing (the fans are still spinning).

I have looked everywhere on the internet and I can't find a list of beep codes for that motherboard. Does anyone know what the beep code means?

Thanks.

I was doing some searching on the Asus' website and found out that it uses the AMI BIOS.

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/amibeep.htm

The link above explains what some of the beep codes are. The closest one to your situation sounds like the memory is failing so I'd try swapping out the memory by using one chip at a time in each of the DIMM slots and going from there.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

1 minute ago, Hiitchy said:

I was doing some searching on the Asus' website and found out that it uses the AMI BIOS.

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/amibeep.htm

The link above explains what some of the beep codes are. The closest one to your situation sounds like the memory is failing so I'd try swapping out the memory by using one chip at a time in each of the DIMM slots and going from there.

Thanks so much,

the ram slots must be broken because I am using the sticks in another computer and they’re fine.

Thanks for the help!

1 minute ago, Reppiy said:

Thanks so much,

the ram slots must be broken because I am using the sticks in another computer and they’re fine.

Thanks for the help!

Not a problem. I'm not sure if this was conclusive since it could be a variety of things, but I'm glad to know I helped!

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."