Possible to replace laptop screen "film"?

Berra_la
Go to solution Solved by Hiitchy,

There are videos on YouTube on how to replace this, but you're better off bringing it to a professional. Most of the time they're placed on heated tables, or they have heat guns that separate the glue between the LCD screen and the filter. I would never recommend doing this by yourself unless you want to do it to learn and don't really care about your laptop which I'm sure you do.

I have an Asus Zenbbok UX503C laptop. For a while now the screen has had a rather visible wear&tear/scratch mark across the middle. It almost look like smudge, but is not cleanable. I believe it's scratch marks from the hand rest (and to a lesser degree even the keys) It's mostly visible when the screen is black (or off), but still bothering me.

I'm trying to find a way to fix this that does not include replacing the entire LCD screen lid (if that's the only reasonable fix, I'll live with the marks). I don't really know what to search for, or if what I'm looking for even exists. I'm not just looking for a protective film (which might have been a good idea when it was new, but the damage is done), at least I don't think I am. What is the screen outer layer usually made of? It it even removable?

Thanks for any input,

- Per-Arvid Land

20171006_153337-mark.jpg

Edited by Berra_la

Yeah the other way is, cut and peel the film off which could break or damage the panel and taping or gluing a new film on.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

There are videos on YouTube on how to replace this, but you're better off bringing it to a professional. Most of the time they're placed on heated tables, or they have heat guns that separate the glue between the LCD screen and the filter. I would never recommend doing this by yourself unless you want to do it to learn and don't really care about your laptop which I'm sure you do.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

I like fixing stuff, but not more than I currently like my laptop. ^_^

I can live with the marks for now, and if it gets much worse I'll look up some polish guy in the yellow pages. :D

Thanks for the insight!