Comparing

Go to solution Solved by Nocte,
7 minutes ago, xIHuNTeRIx said:

Well hey all..

I wanna do a compare for 2 different same brand hardware...

The first pair is Intel i7 7700k and Asus strix z270E

The other pair is Intel i7 7800x and Asus strix X299E

I'm talking about the everyday using like gaming watching movies and search the internet..

Is there a big difference? not for video editing that I'm not into it right now maybe in 3 4 years more I hope to get the latest hardware then..

well I'm happy with what I got(first pair) and its important I just wanna know if theres a huge different for the using I mentiond.. 

Thx and best regards to all...

You do not need anything more than what you currently have for gaming and surfing the internet. Even if you had an i5 I wouldn’t recommend you to upgrade. 

Well hey all..

I'm talking about the everyday using like gaming watching movies and search the internet..

Is there a big difference? not for video editing that I'm not into it right now maybe in 3 4 years more I hope to get the latest hardware then..

well I'm happy with what I got(first pair) and its important I just wanna know if theres a huge different for the using I mentiond.. 

7 minutes ago, xIHuNTeRIx said:

Well hey all..

You do not need anything more than what you currently have for gaming and surfing the internet. Even if you had an i5 I wouldn’t recommend you to upgrade. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Not much of a difference unless you're doing some heavy multitasking or have applications that can take advantage of more cores.

The 7800x is a waste of money imo.  The platform is most likely already dead with the release of coffee lake so even in a workstation environment, there are better options like threadripper, even for more money.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)