Why do experienced and intelligent programs fail to make good UI's?

minervx
4 hours ago, Anjelllo said:

Well, no. English is harder to learn than french. If you were to teach someone who didn't speak either, they would have a harder time learning english because of all of it's nuances and exceptions. The same way that if I were to give my iphone and nvidia shield tablet to an amish man and told him to go change something in the settings for a certain app, he would do it on the iphone at twice the speed.

As someone who learned both English and French, let me tell you that English is far easier to learn for a multitude of reasons. The most significant ones I can think of are that nouns in French have genders, words in French are often pronounced the same but spelled differently depending on grammar and sometimes even mean different things, counting in French is retarded to put it lightly (only in actual France though) and most importantly, if you live in 'the west' you're basically surrounded by the English language. It's everywhere.

To stay on topic here:

In my experience, a lot of programmers have little understanding of how their software is used in the everyday reality of the business fields it was developed for. They see their software strictly from a developer's but not from an end user's point of view. I don't blame them for that, it's the reason we have beta testing in the first place.

20 hours ago, chilicheeseburger said:

As someone who learned both English and French, let me tell you that English is far easier to learn for a multitude of reasons. The most significant ones I can think of are that nouns in French have genders, words in French are often pronounced the same but spelled differently depending on grammar and sometimes even mean different things, counting in French is retarded to put it lightly (only in actual France though) and most importantly, if you live in 'the west' you're basically surrounded by the English language. It's everywhere.

To stay on topic here:

In my experience, a lot of programmers have little understanding of how their software is used in the everyday reality of the business fields it was developed for. They see their software strictly from a developer's but not from an end user's point of view. I don't blame them for that, it's the reason we have beta testing in the first place.

Ah, I was wrong. Just going by what a friend told me. But my point was that some programs comparatively are harder to use to their fullest extent for someone who rarely/never uses electronics versus other ones that are easier and come more naturally to people.