Moving, how to pack PC

So im moving for the first time in years and I few 6 desktops and litterly bins of used parts. Can I just keep the parts in the bins and have to be fine? Their all thrown in not put Nicely.

And for the desktops how do I move then safely? It's a 30 minute drive and we have to go down a super steep hill becase my house is on the edge of the lake and it has a big back sliding glass door I can. Use so we have to go down a steep hill to go to the backdoor 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

For PCs, I typically will open the side panel and fill the open spaces with paper or plastic bags until there is no room for a component to move.

Same with the bins. Add bags or towels to reduce the amount of space parts have to bounce around.

5 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

So im moving for the first time in years and I few 6 desktops and litterly bins of used parts. Can I just keep the parts in the bins and have to be fine? Their all thrown in not put Nicely.

And for the desktops how do I move then safely? It's a 30 minute drive and we have to go down a super steep hill becase my house is on the edge of the lake and it has a big back sliding glass door I can. Use so we have to go down a steep hill to go to the backdoor 

When i have moved in the past.  I lay the PCs down, motherboard side up, stack them and then brace them in my trunk .  and then drive slowly.  I have a hatchback, so its relatively easy to cushion larger loads in the back.  put them on pillows and blankets wrapped around etc.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

Literally fill the inside of the case with foam and stuff it into a padded box. 

Not sure about HDDS though, you might want to be more careful with them. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

I always remove the GPU(s) before I move mine. I also lay them flat on the side the motherboard is on, so nothing is hanging off of it. Put it on some pillows in the backseat, and drive carefully.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

Przechwytywanie.PNG.5c59b4e9e632f6f88036e2f2f938efc6.PNG

I can asure you that it worked. But gf got mad on me. Any way, computer arrived safetly

And to be honest, dissasemble cpu cooler (if big) and graphic card then you sould be fine. 

Quote me so I can reply <3

15 minutes ago, Gawron10001 said:

I can asure you that it worked. But gf got mad on me. Any way, computer arrived safetly

And to be honest, dissasemble cpu cooler (if big) and graphic card then you sould be fine. 

Computer>woman. Well done. :P

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

1 minute ago, ImadKnight said:

Computer>woman. Well done. :P

Only can do it if you are in happy relationship. And the pc ended up in the back any ways. Once i catually transport 3 pc cases like this and it was fine tho

Quote me so I can reply <3

1 minute ago, Gawron10001 said:

Only can do it if you are in happy relationship. And the pc ended up in the back any ways. Once i catually transport 3 pc cases like this and it was fine tho

Ahahhahaha. I bet you didn't hear the end of that one for a looong time.

For loose parts I put them in a box of packing peanuts. I used a old pillow, cut it open and used the cotton stuffing to help with the tower. The screen I layed flat on a car seat and secured with a seatbelt. 

-Amy Miyake

On 10/5/2017 at 6:31 PM, Legendarypoet said:

For PCs, I typically will open the side panel and fill the open spaces with paper or plastic bags until there is no room for a component to move.

Same with the bins. Add bags or towels to reduce the amount of space parts have to bounce around.

On 10/5/2017 at 6:58 PM, Gawron10001 said:

On 10/5/2017 at 6:34 PM, MedievalMatt said:

When i have moved in the past.  I lay the PCs down, motherboard side up, stack them and then brace them in my trunk .  and then drive slowly.  I have a hatchback, so its relatively easy to cushion larger loads in the back.  put them on pillows and blankets wrapped around etc.

By your powers combined, I give you Indestructo PC !

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

i moved recently and i had my pc in the passenger seat......with the seat belt strapped over it.  maybe if i had packed better i wouldn't have had to leave my old 42" plasma tv i used as a monitor behind.  

7 hours ago, DarkMatterX1 said:

Put it in the case box. You did keep the case box in case you had to move the pc some day, right?

People actually do that? If I'd kept the packaging for all my machines I'd be drowning in boxes. I guess it's easier to find space for old cardboard if it's only one box.

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

I transported quite a few different PCs, always put them behind the shotgun seat, no problems. The only things you might want to take out are the graphics card and the HDD. I take out the card if it's a heavy triple slot, those tend to hang on their own in the case if there is no, erm, support beam for the card. HDD for obvious reasons if the road is gravel or something similar that shakes the car quite a bit. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

20 hours ago, Alariel said:

People actually do that? If I'd kept the packaging for all my machines I'd be drowning in boxes. I guess it's easier to find space for old cardboard if it's only one box.

yeah lol. id have easily over 30 pc case boxs. and most are the 3340 so its not a tiny box 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no