BOTTLENECK?

I am piecing a new PC together and I know all the parts I want, I am going to buy everything besides the new GPU (MSI Armor 1080) and I want to know if the bottleneck from my OLD gpu will majorly bottleneck my i5-7600k

My current GPU is a founders edition gtx 760. I am still going to buy the new gpu, I just have to wait longer to get it cause its 500 dollars and I need to save some more money. I just want to know how my pc will perform until I get the card. Wondering if I should wait till I also have enough for the gpu and then order all of it. Thoughts? 

Including the entire build parts list after I have all the parts, what my pc will be.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/tamamale/saved/fLnQVn

no, the i5 7600k will work just fine with the gtx 1080

especially since youre only playing at 1080p

Photography / Finance / Gaming

What I meant was how will the i5 work with the 760. I won't have enough money for the gpu for the next couple weeks after I get the other parts

1 minute ago, Tamxle said:

What I meant was how will the i5 work with the 760. I won't have enough money for the gpu for the next couple weeks after I get the other parts

the i5 will work just fine with a GTX 760

if youre going to wait a few weeks to get the GTX 1080

you might as well wait to see what intel's new Coffee Lake CPUs offer instead of getting the i5 7600k

(Ryzen 5 1600 is also a great alternative)

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Do the coffee lake cpus require a different motherboard/socket? And I'll look more at the 1600

Don't get the i5-7600K. Get the R5 1600 or wait for Coffee Lake.

9 minutes ago, Tamxle said:

Do the coffee lake cpus require a different motherboard/socket? And I'll look more at the 1600

Coffee Lake CPUs will require a Z370 motherboard for power delivery reasons.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

9 minutes ago, Tamxle said:

Do the coffee lake cpus require a different motherboard/socket? 

yes, Z370

6 minutes ago, Tamxle said:

Welcome to the forums!

Kindly quote people you reply to, otherwise we wont get a notification.

You do it via the arrow under each comment. :)

And yes, coffee lake uses a different socket.

It comes out this thursday, so have patience! Might be worth it.

I don't know if I will have enough power. I already got my psu, its a 650watt The i5 will preform fine, I figured someone would tell me to wait for the new one. I know the newer one will preform much better, but I'm only gaming at 1080p 60hz I'm going to upgrade to 1440 144hz eventually, and maybe then I'll get the new cpu and mobo but for now I just want to buy the 7th gen i5

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

Welcome to the forums!

Kindly quote people you reply to, otherwise we wont get a notification.

You do it via the arrow under each comment. :)

And yes, coffee lake uses a different socket.

It comes out this thursday, so have patience! Might be worth it.

Okay sorry I didn't know how to quote the previous comment thank you! 

4 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Don't get the i5-7600K. Get the R5 1600 or wait for Coffee Lake.

Coffee Lake CPUs will require a Z370 motherboard for power delivery reasons.

I don't know if I will have enough power. I already got my psu, its a 650watt The i5 will preform fine, I figured someone would tell me to wait for the new one. I know the newer one will preform much better, but I'm only gaming at 1080p 60hz I'm going to upgrade to 1440 144hz eventually, and maybe then I'll get the new cpu and mobo but for now I just want to buy the 7th gen i5

2 minutes ago, Tamxle said:

Then don't buy the i5-7600K. Buy the R5 1600 instead.

And yes, the power supply is fine.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 hour ago, HKZeroFive said:

Then don't buy the i5-7600K. Buy the R5 1600 instead.

And yes, the power supply is fine.

I second that.

CPU/ CPU Cooler: i7-6700K - 4.5GHz with Noctua DH-15S | Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 Amp! Edition | Case: Corsair 400C | PSU: FSP Aurum S 650W | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitor: BenQ GL2460HM FHD | Speakers: JBL Pebbles | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

4 hours ago, Tamxle said:

Don't buy the 7600k as it's on a dead platform. Either wait for coffee lake or buy a Ryzen 5 1600.

4 hours ago, PhaseShift said:

Don't buy the 7600k as it's on a dead platform. Either wait for coffee lake or buy a Ryzen 5 1600.

Everyone on here is treating the i5 like it's a piece of junk when it performs very well. up there with the i7 7700k. Performance is slightly better than the 1600x and I'm already set on buying what I'm buying.

9 hours ago, Tamxle said:

Everyone on here is treating the i5 like it's a piece of junk when it performs very well. up there with the i7 7700k. Performance is slightly better than the 1600x and I'm already set on buying what I'm buying.

Perhaps there's a reason why everyone is recommending the R5 1600 instead. Haven't you thought about that?

The thing is, you're shelling out $200+ for a processor that only has four cores and four threads. Your 0.1% and 1% minimums will significantly worse than the R5 1600, meaning that your frametimes are going to be inconsistent... which in turn means your gameplay won't be smooth. It's a completely different story in comparison to the i7-7700K.

With the existence of the R5 1600 and inevitable arrival of Intel's own Coffee Lake, buying the i5-7600K is simply a bad decision. Full stop.

This video goes more in depth:

Spoiler

That i5 will do just fine, but it doesn't make much sense to get it. The release of the ryzen processors seriously threatened the status of the i5 as a great gaming CPU for those on a budget with the addition of hyper threading. Hence why with coffee lake , Intel is forced to finally give us something with a considerable performance improvement over it's predecessor. If you go with the i5, you will do fine in the near future gaming wise, but since you're already waiting for the GPU anyways(the CPU upgrade may help a little bit nothing crazy without a newer GPU too) you might as well wait till the end of the week to order to get the coffee lake i5, or as some have suggested, go with the 1600, although personally I am an Intel fanboy so I say wait a week, get coffee lake. You will be glad you did afterwards.

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |

Also, 650 is plenty, you will probably never get over 400w with that build.

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |

I can understand buying something with no actual logical reason to do so. I went from a 4790K to a 1700 mainly just to go back to Amd and decrease my encode times. 

My friend a few years ago really wanted a 8350 for gaming only despite the I3 4330 being better at gaming he bought the 8350 anyways. 

Ryzen 1600 is a superior CPU to the I5 in 90% of applications and games and more games are demanding more then 4 cores to remain at 60+fps at all times like the new call of duty game as hardware unbox showed. 

Sure we all bought something dumb before hell i should know more then anyone i also bought Simcity the new one for retail pricing at release lol