LiteCoin Mining Rig Guide

Hi!

So I have been seeing a lot of questions about LTC mining rigs and I thought that maybe I could make a guide on LTC rigs.

Here I will cover the following budgets(£/€): 830/1000. Also 1000$, and more!

!!!!!!ATTENTION!!!!!! SOME PRICES ARE APPROXIMATES + PRICES MAY VARY FROM SHOP TO SHOP + RIGS ARE BASED ON EUROS

830/1000 + some money left.

CPU:AMD A4-4000 (30/40)

GPU:2X 7950(any dual fan will do)  (230/270)

MOBO:Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-D3H (70/85)

RAM:2GB's from any brand (15/20)

PSU:Corsair RM Series RM1000 80Plus Gold (155/180)

HDD:The cheapest you can find  (30/38)

If you have a bigger budget just get more GPU's and maybe more RAM or a 4 core CPU.

1000$ budget(taken from PCpartpicker)

P.S I don't know whether to post this here or in the planning section since more people who are intrested in LTC will see this here,and sorry if I made any mistakes since my first language isn't English

Also if someone has thought of a better combo,please share it! ;)

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

so, how long would it take for that system to pay itself of with litecoin mining and electricity costs of around 20cents/KwH?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

so, how long would it take for that system to pay itself of with litecoin mining and electricity costs of around 20cents/KwH?

Around a month. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

PSA: If you already having a gaming desktop and intend to build a mining rig to potential make a fortune in Litecoins, STOP.

By building a rig that implies that:

1. you trust LC will takeoff 
  2. you can make your money back and cover electricity costs
  3. you TRUST the LC POTENTIAL market

better investment? buy as many LC's as you can. You dont have to pay for electricity and you dont have to worry about ATTEMPTING to make your money back that you spent on a rig. 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Per month the cost to power this would be 100$ and the LTC made per month now would be around 680$.

All this according to http://www.litecoinminingcalculator.com    n    http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/electricity-calculator.htm   +    https://btc-e.com/exchange/ltc_usd

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

PSA: If you already having a gaming desktop and intend to build a mining rig to potential make a fortune in Litecoins, STOP.

By building a rig that implies that:

1. you trust LC will takeoff 
  2. you can make your money back and cover electricity costs
  3. you TRUST the LC POTENTIAL market

better investment? buy as many LC's as you can. You dont have to pay for electricity and you dont have to worry about ATTEMPTING to make your money back that you spent on a rig. 

i disagree, if you buy LC's and it crashes, you're left with nothing. Atleast when you build a rig you can sell the parts back and make some money back

I am already making a guide on this already.. 

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

-snip-

Why an HDD at all? Get a cheap 4-8GB USB Flash Drive and just install Ubuntu on it. BAMT (Scrypt) is a good choice too.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Why an HDD at all? Get a cheap 4-8GB USB Flash Drive and just install Ubuntu on it. BAMT (Scrypt) is a good choice too.

I thought of that but some people might want an HDD so I included one

i disagree, if you buy LC's and it crashes, you're left with nothing. Atleast when you build a rig you can sell the parts back and make some money back

i see what youre saying...

but you also have to factor in the timing. 

if i buy 20LTCs at ~$30USD a piece and they jump to $70 in the next week then i wouldve made $800 in a week. 

whereas if i had payed for a mining rig @ $1000 and make 5LTC, in a week i would still be in a hole of debt ($650+powerbills).

its like stocks. I would only buy stock in a company that i expect to succeed. I expect LTC to succeed but if they crash (lets say, hypothetically, they start to drop) then i can sell my coins and GTFO.

lets go back to my original number example. 

if i invest $600 and purchase 20LTC @ $30 a piece and they begin to drop. if they get to ~$25 when i sell them then i only lose $100

however, if i purchase a rig for (lets just say $600 for the example) $600 and begin mining, and gain 5, 8, 12, LTCs before it crashes that means i lose anywhere from $615-$375. 

($600 [rig] + $75 [power] - $60-$300 [# of LTC before crash]) if you can manage to scrap the build you MIGHT make your money back off the GPU's but the market for the other components is very minuscule if existent at all.

my point is this, If LTC began to crash, the fastest way out would be to immediately sell. if you just sunk $1K into a rig then the market crashes you have nothing to sell other than a mediocre rig with some nice GPU's.

it's a gamble....and i know i personally have bad luck

PS- the flip side is also true. you could make your money back then make another $3k if the market takes off. 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

sorry to but in but LTC is the correct abbreviation of Litecoin :/ hurts my brain looking at all those LC's

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

i see what youre saying...

but you also have to factor in the timing. 

if i buy 20LTCs at ~$30USD a piece and they jump to $70 in the next week then i wouldve made $800 in a week. 

whereas if i had payed for a mining rig @ $1000 and make 5LTC, in a week i would still be in a hole of debt ($650+powerbills).

its like stocks. I would only buy stock in a company that i expect to succeed. I expect LTC to succeed but if they crash (lets say, hypothetically, they start to drop) then i can sell my coins and GTFO.

lets go back to my original number example. 

if i invest $600 and purchase 20LTC @ $30 a piece and they begin to drop. if they get to ~$25 when i sell them then i only lose $100

however, if i purchase a rig for (lets just say $600 for the example) $600 and begin mining, and gain 5, 8, 12, LTCs before it crashes that means i lose anywhere from $615-$375. 

($600 [rig] + $75 [power] - $60-$300 [# of LTC before crash]) if you can manage to scrap the build you MIGHT make your money back off the GPU's but the market for the other components is very minuscule if existent at all.

my point is this, If LTC began to crash, the fastest way out would be to immediately sell. if you just sunk $1K into a rig then the market crashes you have nothing to sell other than a mediocre rig with some nice GPU's.

it's a gamble....and i know i personally have bad luck

PS- the flip side is also true. you could make your money back then make another $3k if the market takes off. 

That's why I think you should go for intel i5 and better mobo, like Asrock killer. So at least you can market your rig as a supreme gaming PC if you do decide to sell. No one's gonna buy a crappy AMD CPU + mobo. If you don't wanna sell, at least you are left with one amazing gaming PC that would last 5+ year performance wise!

As for LTC, I hope it crashes so there will be less miners around. But at the rate chinese are buying these virtual currency to escape their communist big brother's grasp, it's gonna go up!

I'd suggest anyone interested takes a look at this guide.

http://www.cryptobadger.com/2013/04/build-a-litecoin-mining-rig-hardware/

As with any investment, I always suggest to learn what your investing in first, and to diversify. Split your initial investment between buying coins directly and mining hardware. Don't hold everything in one asset, hold some Bitcoin, and some Litecoin. I'd suggest doing serious research before buying any other coin.

Any calculator you use to estimate earnings are only relevant for a max of 3 days. With the constant fluctuations in price and difficulty, calculators cannot relied on for more than extreme short term potential.

To add up your current hardware look them up here 

https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

Here's a calculator

https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc

Another calculator which you can attempt to use recent trends to get a slightly short/mid term projections

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/calculator

On that same site you watch the mining difficulty which changes every 3 days.

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.