Watercooled gtx 780

Q_mods
Go to solution Solved by Ghost,

I have Noctua NF-P12 fans on a 35mm thick 240 rad and a 60mm thick 120mm rad.

I know that sli is a better option for preformence I just want to now what i'm looking at should i watercool the card. 

Depends a lot on how well your card can over clock.

Expect a 15% increase +/- 10%

Hi,

I have a GTX 780 and i'm thinking of water cooling it. My CPU is already water cooled, so i have a loop and plenty of radiator space. I have experience whit GPU watercooling and my card is a reference card. 

The big question is how big will the preference boost be when i start water cooling this card. Do you get more overclocking headroom do to GPU boost 2.0 (last card i water cooled is a gtx 670)

Q

I've heard that a student can say anything he/she wants

GPU Boost 2.0 is based on temperature in addition to the usual things so yes it will give you more overclocking headroom yes :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

GPU Boost 2.0 is based on temperature in addition to the usual things so yes it will give you more overclocking headroom yes :)

Oke, do i get 20% extra or more like 5%. i know is's different from card to card. bud what is a normal increase? 

I'm thinking of getting the Swiftech KOMODO-NV GTX 780.

Oke, do i get 20% extra or more like 5%. i know is's different from card to card. bud what is a normal increase? 

I'm thinking of getting the Swiftech KOMODO-NV GTX 780.

The performance increase is entirely up to how your system is configurated. If you have A LOT of radiator space, you could push the card really hard and get a large increase in performance. Or you could turn the fans way down and get a VERY silent system (depending on your fans of course, but most are quiet a low RPM)

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

The performance increase is not equivalent to that which you would get by buying another card. If that's what you want.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

The performance increase is entirely up to how your system is configurated. If you have A LOT of radiator space, you could push the card really hard and get a large increase in performance. Or you could turn the fans way down and get a VERY silent system (depending on your fans of course, but most are quiet a low RPM)

The performance increase is not equivalent to that which you would get by buying another card. If that's what you want.

I know that sli is a better option for preformence I just want to now what i'm looking at should i watercool the card. 

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Ok thanks, i don't want to spend 150 euro just for looks  :P