HUGE PROBLEM (Flickering & sound noise)

patriotaki

Hello guys, i have a huge problem with my pc let me tell you the story first tho

i had a very stable pc with the asus z170 pro gaming mobo..suddenly i decided to take out the cpu clean everything and reapply thermal paste..(dont ask why i took out the cpu...) i had an air can to spray the dust away..and the straw got pushed away from the can and dropped in the mobo pins for the cpu.. i ended up buying the msi z270 gaming. I Reinstalled every component and the pc didnt want to boot..i tried everything i formatted the pc did fresh installation (which btw was an infected version from my friend..) reassembled everything 2 times the machine couldnt just boot with 2 RAM Stick installed, it could boot with 1 stick and run normally (boot loop with the 2 sticks) ..so i unscrewed the cpu cooler a bit

and for a weird reason for almost 2 months now the pc runs fine. BUT ( i have the PC case on the Desk) i noticed two things so far

1. When i play games and hit the desk from anger/excitement or any other reason the pc completely Freezes! and it makes a weird noise from the speakers (consistent loud noise) and i have to restart my pc. when i turn off the speakers the noise dissapear

2  When i receive/send a text message/call via Internet i notice that (i have dual screen setup) the left monitor is flickering and icons,text,part of graphical user interface change position , there are also random times that this is happening without sending/receiving text/call.. also when i send a message for example in iMessage(via internet) and bring the phone close to the monitors and speakers it makes a weird noise also..

is it software related? or hardware?

OH! and btw i didnt use my pc for 2 weeks and when i turned it on after 2 weeks again the same bootloop..i took out 1 ram stick it booted normally stuck it back in and again it was working fine..

The noise you get with texting is feedback from your cell phone. I always used to get a woop da woop on my speakers when my phone was close to pc and was receiving a call.

The looping may be caused by your cpu not seated correctly and/or being overtightened. I would try backing off the heatspreader a little more and see if this helps.

Remember the cpu is the most fragile piece of equipment in your rig. It should be treated like its your first girlfriend that is a virgin and you are making love for the first time. Gently, carefully, purposefully but never forcefully!

25 minutes ago, Shocktruppen said:

The noise you get with texting is feedback from your cell phone. I always used to get a woop da woop on my speakers when my phone was close to pc and was receiving a call.

The looping may be caused by your cpu not seated correctly and/or being overtightened. I would try backing off the heatspreader a little more and see if this helps.

Remember the cpu is the most fragile piece of equipment in your rig. It should be treated like its your first girlfriend that is a virgin and you are making love for the first time. Gently, carefully, purposefully but never forcefully!

i  agree but sometimes when i get calls the one of the monitors starts to flicker always the left one..

why tho when i hit the desk my pc freezes and make that sound?

well when you hit your desk you are probably shaking your cpu if its loose,  that would cause a quick electrical surge or short, and or wires coming out the back to your speakers may be doing the same thing.. pc's are very fragile things. When they make noises they are trying to tell you something is wrong :)

1 minute ago, Shocktruppen said:

well when you hit your desk you are probably shaking your cpu if its loose,  that would cause a quick electrical surge or short, and or wires coming out the back to your speakers may be doing the same thing.. pc's are very fragile things. When they make noises they are trying to tell you something is wrong :)

the actual cpu is not fitted correclty in the motherboard? or the cpu cooler?

2 hours ago, patriotaki said:

any other opinions?

Run memtest make sure both sticks of ram are ok. Your computer should not freeze by merely hitting the desk it is sitting on. That indicates something is loose. Since you said you had problem with cpu that is the logical place to start with. Then move on to the rest of parts that may not be seated fully like your gpu card, etc.

41 minutes ago, Shocktruppen said:

Run memtest make sure both sticks of ram are ok. Your computer should not freeze by merely hitting the desk it is sitting on. That indicates something is loose. Since you said you had problem with cpu that is the logical place to start with. Then move on to the rest of parts that may not be seated fully like your gpu card, etc.

i did memtest it showed everything good

but the actual cpu or the cpu cooler? i mean the cpu seats on the motherboard..it wouldnt let me close the "door" of the motherboard if it was not seated correctly right?

With the cooler attatched it may be still too tight. I did the same thing to my cpu. It wouldn't run after I put in new cooler. Over tightened it and after backing off a bit it worked. But if you overtightened the cooler too much you may have bent some pins in your cpu, or it may just be a loose gpu card. Mine come loose every now and then just because they way the sit sideways and always fighting gravity. Give you gpu a little tug see if it move at all. if it does you may want to pull it and reseat it and make sure it is snug. Just trying to troubleshoot for you. I am not saying I know what is wrong.:)