Is this PC any good for 400€ / 472 USD

Tonstar_62

Since im fairly new in the PC szene, having been a Playstation Gamer all my live, and not knowing a whole lot about building my own PC, i was looking for fairly cheap used Pc's. Eventually i came across an offer which seemed pretty good to me, but i just really dont know if it im right. From what i've researched its an pretty okay build for the price, but i wanted to ask people knowing alot more than me anyway.

Note: i copied the following part from the description of the seller, only translating it into english

CPU: i5 4670k, great for overclocking
Motherboard: Gigabyte Motherboard z87x-D3H(SLI & Crossfire fähig)
Graphics Card: Asus Geforce GTX 670 DirectCU II OC
SSD: 120 GB SSD Samsung 840 EVO
HDD: 1 TB HDD Seagate Barracuda

RAM: 8GB (but no specification which one or if single or dual stick)

Power Supply: Straight Power 480 W, 80 Plus Gold, modular power adapter
strong CPU cooler  (unfortunatly, i have no idea which one)
Windows 10 (Original-Linenz)
Case: CM Storm case with Handle vor carrying and side window
DVD drive and burner
2x USB 3.0 front / multiple USB 3.0 back
headset and microphone front

Thanks for any answers! And sorry if i postet this into the wrong topic

9 minutes ago, Tonstar_62 said:

Since im fairly new in the PC szene, having been a Playstation Gamer all my live, and not knowing a whole lot about building my own PC, i was looking for fairly cheap used Pc's. Eventually i came across an offer which seemed pretty good to me, but i just really dont know if it im right. From what i've researched its an pretty okay build for the price, but i wanted to ask people knowing alot more than me anyway.

Note: i copied the following part from the description of the seller, only translating it into english

DVD drive and burner

No worries man :) Looks pretty good, the 670 is still a fairly competent card, though if you can buy an140€ gtx 1050ti, which will perform admirabely at 1080p.

Good luck!

-Lukas

1000$ PC: CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.6ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3 RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb G1 gaming Storage: 2tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm PSU: Corsair Vengeance 550m Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ cherry mx browns Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

woah, thanks a lot for the quick answer. yeah i was thinking about getting a 1050ti along with the build, but for the moment the 670 should be alright :)

19 minutes ago, Tonstar_62 said:

DVD drive and burner

Seems Good but to do Heavy Work like Video Rendering or 1080p Gaming upgrade GPU to Something like GTX 1050Ti...

2 minutes ago, Tonstar_62 said:

woah, thanks a lot for the quick answer. yeah i was thinking about getting a 1050ti along with the build, but for the moment the 670 should be alright :)

that looks decent, my personal opinion is that, if you add a bit , you can get new build of similarly fair performance with warranty of each component. the thing is about buying used, you never know when those components may die on you  & none of those are coming with warranty, so at end you pay more if needs to replace anything. building pc is not hard at all. i think just be confident & watch some youtube videos & discuss with users in forum & that should be enough. unless you dont try you will never learn right?  

34 minutes ago, Fardin said:

that looks decent, my personal opinion is that, if you add a bit , you can get new build of similarly fair performance with warranty of each component. the thing is about buying used, you never know when those components may die on you  & none of those are coming with warranty, so at end you pay more if needs to replace anything. building pc is not hard at all. i think just be confident & watch some youtube videos & discuss with users in forum & that should be enough. unless you dont try you will never learn right?  

Hm true, tough i forgot to mention that i will also get the reciept for most if not all parts with about 1 year warranty left, or at least thats what he statet. but i see the point, really questionable if worth it in the end

38 minutes ago, Raziq_26 said:

Seems Good but to do Heavy Work like Video Rendering or 1080p Gaming upgrade GPU to Something like GTX 1050Ti...

im not really doing any rendering or recording, and im not about 4k 200fps either, but yeah 1050ti is probably still the better choice here

24 minutes ago, Zonther said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zonther/saved/QdW3FT

This is what I came up with. The build you have is not bad at all but very limited on upgrade path.

If anything on my build a better motherboard is needed but will increase the price.

wow thanks a lot, that really is a nice build for the price. :) but isnt a single ram stick inferior to 2x 4gb?

There was a test on this by (MSI?) And found that it only effected it by 1% I chose this so if you need 16 GB down the road you can buy 1 more stick instead of set.

4 minutes ago, Tonstar_62 said:

wow thanks a lot, that really is a nice build for the price. :) but isnt a single ram stick inferior to 2x 4gb?

There was a test on this by (MSI?) And found that it only effected it by 1% I chose this so if you need 16 GB down the road you can buy 1 more stick instead of set.

Just now, Zonther said:

well if thats the case, thats a really good choice :)

5 hours ago, Tonstar_62 said:

Hm true, tough i forgot to mention that i will also get the reciept for most if not all parts with about 1 year warranty left, or at least thats what he statet. but i see the point, really questionable if worth it in the end

I know you considered adding 1050ti too, in that case my suggestion is wait a little bit & save up the cash. Intel's 8th gen is releasing at october 5. core i3 will have 4 cores like previous gen's i5 at a fair price & also there is chance of amd ryzen pricing go down. i'm sure you will be to make a gaming build to run any games 1080p 60 fps with medium to high settings within your budget.