Any mouse recommendations?

Dom5201

I'm looking for a mouse. I know I seem like a 12 year old but I want some rgb just so I can match with the rest of my setup. I've liked Logitech with their mice, I'm currently using a g400 but I'm looking for a mouse with more programmable buttons for MMOs.

17 minutes ago, Dom5201 said:

I'm looking for a mouse. I know I seem like a 12 year old but I want some rgb just so I can match with the rest of my setup. I've liked Logitech with their mice, I'm currently using a g400 but I'm looking for a mouse with more programmable buttons for MMOs.

what is your color scheme? i would say corsair scimitar pro, but that has yellow accents

I have both a G502 formy desktop and a G703 which I use on the go. Both are really nice mice, the PWM3366 sensor is amazing.

Theres a logitech mouse with about 20 different programmable buttons under your thumb if you want that sort of thing. can't remember the model though.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

20 minutes ago, purplesky2 said:

razer naga chroma

I haven't had the best experience with the naga chroma a lot of my friends have had them and one of the mouse clicks died quickly for most of them

4 minutes ago, unknownmiscreant said:

I have both a G502 formy desktop and a G703 which I use on the go. Both are really nice mice, the PWM3366 sensor is amazing.

Theres a logitech mouse with about 20 different programmable buttons under your thumb if you want that sort of thing. can't remember the model though.

I was looking at the g600s (the one with the 20 buttons) and the g502 I think I'll go to Best buy or something to try them both out.

23 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

what is your color scheme? i would say corsair scimitar pro, but that has yellow accents

I'll look into the Corsair scimitar pro but my theme is more of a black white and red (mostly black and red)

29 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

I'll look into the Corsair scimitar pro but my theme is more of a black white and red (mostly black and red)

Sorry for the double post with the Corsair mouse but does anyone know if optical vs Lazer is really a big deal

6 minutes ago, Dom5201 said:

Sorry for the double post with the Corsair mouse but does anyone know if optical vs Lazer is really a big deal

I should preface this by saying I am not 100% sure of this info and please correct me if I am wrong :) 

I have always thought of optical mice as the ones that have a really bright red led that has a very large illumination area.

Laser mice have much lower light output. You almost can't see they are on.

I think laser mice have better tracking performance. Laser mice were all the rage a few years ago, however now not very many are branded laser. I think its because almost all of them are.

I actually *think* most of the logitech G range are actually laser mice, as you have to align the mouse just right to see the light produced by the sensor. However I have a few Logitech darkfield mice (proper dual laser mice), and it is alot harder to align the mouse to see the lasers.

Whats more important is how the mouse tracks on a range of surfaces.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

1 hour ago, unknownmiscreant said:

I should preface this by saying I am not 100% sure of this info and please correct me if I am wrong :) 

I have always thought of optical mice as the ones that have a really bright red led that has a very large illumination area.

Laser mice have much lower light output. You almost can't see they are on.

I think laser mice have better tracking performance. Laser mice were all the rage a few years ago, however now not very many are branded laser. I think its because almost all of them are.

I actually *think* most of the logitech G range are actually laser mice, as you have to align the mouse just right to see the light produced by the sensor. However I have a few Logitech darkfield mice (proper dual laser mice), and it is alot harder to align the mouse to see the lasers.

Whats more important is how the mouse tracks on a range of surfaces.

Thanks for that info. I'm really looking into the g600 as of this moment. I may go to Best buy to try some of their mice soon. Know of any other mice I should try while I'm there?

6 minutes ago, Dom5201 said:

Thanks for that info. I'm really looking into the g600 as of this moment. I may go to Best buy to try some of their mice soon. Know of any other mice I should try while I'm there?

I have only bought Logitech mice. Before that, I used to use rather crap cheapo office mice that came bundled with my machines.

I would recommend checking out steelseries mice, but they are generally simpler than you require. I have no experience with them, and have seen mixed opinions around the net about them.

I would avoid razer, due to being expensive, crap quality and feature poor. The people who swear by them often have older products, purchased before the quality took a dive off a cliff.

I would treat corsair mice with caution. I have often looked into Corsair stuff, and been just about sold on it, but found something better at the last minute or had a bad gut feeling about buying it, and wound up buying something else. The only time this was not the case was for my computer chassis.

Definitely try them in-store. I would also recommend getting a mouse pad. My 502 and 703 both track much better (albeit at around 6000DPI) on the consistent surface of a mouse pad compared to a desk that may have scratches or other imperfections. The best value in this department is the G240.

The razer goliathus feel horrible in comparison, (my brother got one with his G502.) It is no-where near as smooth and my Logitech one, and the mouse does not track as nicely compared to my logitech G640 (larger version of the G240.)

The steel series QCK may be good, but wind up a fair bit more expensive than the G240 in terms of $/area.

I would recommend a cloth pad, as there''s quite a few reports of hard mouse pads prematurely wearing out the Teflon feet on mice. At this point it is either buy a new mouse or trash your mouse pad.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

19 hours ago, unknownmiscreant said:

I have only bought Logitech mice. Before that, I used to use rather crap cheapo office mice that came bundled with my machines.

I would recommend checking out steelseries mice, but they are generally simpler than you require. I have no experience with them, and have seen mixed opinions around the net about them.

I would avoid razer, due to being expensive, crap quality and feature poor. The people who swear by them often have older products, purchased before the quality took a dive off a cliff.

I would treat corsair mice with caution. I have often looked into Corsair stuff, and been just about sold on it, but found something better at the last minute or had a bad gut feeling about buying it, and wound up buying something else. The only time this was not the case was for my computer chassis.

Definitely try them in-store. I would also recommend getting a mouse pad. My 502 and 703 both track much better (albeit at around 6000DPI) on the consistent surface of a mouse pad compared to a desk that may have scratches or other imperfections. The best value in this department is the G240.

The razer goliathus feel horrible in comparison, (my brother got one with his G502.) It is no-where near as smooth and my Logitech one, and the mouse does not track as nicely compared to my logitech G640 (larger version of the G240.)

The steel series QCK may be good, but wind up a fair bit more expensive than the G240 in terms of $/area.

I would recommend a cloth pad, as there''s quite a few reports of hard mouse pads prematurely wearing out the Teflon feet on mice. At this point it is either buy a new mouse or trash your mouse pad.

I already have a qck mousepad and have been using it for a while. I've had experience with family member and friends with Razer and most of the mice broke within a month. Corsair I really haven't tried any mice from them but I am almost 100% sold on the g600. But as I said I'll go to Best buy when I have some free time and try all of the reccomendations.