Budget ATX motherboard suggestions

Go to solution Solved by Fardin,
6 minutes ago, Otonel88 said:

Forgot to mention. Not looking for a GPU.

in that case if you want to go for new, you can get something like this :) I prefer new mostly cause they comes with 3 years warranty basically all major components. used parts you never know when stops working & no warranty for that.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£161.90 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£58.79 @ Aria PC) 
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£64.10 @ Alza) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£46.98 @ Box Limited) 
Total: £331.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-22 22:40 BST+0100

Hi guys. 

I'm looking to build a bugdet PC and i'm searching for a good motherboard to start off.

Any suggestions for a LGA 1151 ATX motherboard that has and Intel ethernet, USB 3.1

I'm not really going for a gaming or overclocking motherboard, just a solid one. Any suggestions? Thanks.

since u dont overclock u could go with any motherboard on the market that supports ur cpu and ram :), without overclocking u dont have to worry about a motherboard too much u could go with really cheap ones ( aslong its not an unknown chinese brand xD )

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Fardin said:

what is your cpu model? ddr3 or ddr4 ram? 

I still haven't decided. But maybe go with a i5 6600

1 minute ago, Otonel88 said:

i would recommend ddr4 because ddr4 can be used in a future build again :) ddr3 is going to be going away soon ;v

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Otonel88 said:

would you mind telling me your budget , maybe able to build up whole system together. & also what are your requirements for pc? gaming or any productivity? also what components you have that can be reused with your new system 

Just now, Fardin said:

would you mind telling me your budget , maybe able to build up whole system together. & also what are your requirements for pc? gaming or any productivity? also what components you have that can be reused with your new system 

So my budget is £300. I have the case and the SDD and one HDD. I would just need the main components. I wouldn't mind getting some used parts, just to get a better spec pc.

Just now, Otonel88 said:

Yes I guess Realtek would be ok. I can make some compromises. What do you think about this one? ASRock H170 Pro4S

Was looking at both of those.  I have an asus z170 board that has been running nonstop for 6 months with no issues.  I have no ASRock experience, but I'm sure they are fine too.  Z170 will let you OC if you ever want to.

18 minutes ago, Otonel88 said:

i7 7700k is at 279.99

3 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Will Realtec cut it?

3 minutes ago, Otonel88 said:

Yes I guess Realtek would be ok.

In 99 percent of use cases Realtek is the same as whatever fancy onboard audio on the MAximus Boards are such

My life

5 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Was looking at both of those.  I have an asus z170 board that has been running nonstop for 6 months with no issues.  I have no ASRock experience, but I'm sure they are fine too.  Z170 will let you OC if you ever want to.

or maybe this one. ASUS Z170-E THis names are so confusing. E, K, ..etc

or found this ASUS Z170-A for 80 euros used.

2 minutes ago, Otonel88 said:

or maybe this one. ASUS Z170-E THis names are so confusing. E, K, ..etc

I show that one as $120.  A lot more.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

I show that one as $120.  A lot more.

Yes, new. But I found them used at around 60-70 euro from Germany, so this could be an option.

29 minutes ago, Otonel88 said:

So my budget is £300. I have the case and the SDD and one HDD. I would just need the main components. I wouldn't mind getting some used parts, just to get a better spec pc.

sorry got held up by a call. ok if you need "cpu, mobo, graphics card, ram, psu" within 300£ then i think yeah probably used could get you better specs. for used parts, probably @JDE @herman mcpootis can help you better.

Just now, Fardin said:

sorry got held up by a call. ok if you need "cpu, mobo, graphics card, ram, psu" within 300£ then i think yeah probably used could get you better specs. for used parts, probably @JDE @herman mcpootis can help you better.

6 minutes ago, Otonel88 said:

in that case if you want to go for new, you can get something like this :) I prefer new mostly cause they comes with 3 years warranty basically all major components. used parts you never know when stops working & no warranty for that.

Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£58.79 @ Aria PC) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£46.98 @ Box Limited) 

4 minutes ago, Fardin said:

Thanks. I had a similar speck on part picker. :) I think i'll go with a mix of what I have and your suggestion. THX