How do I know which screws are for the SSD?

Ricardo56

Actually I probably should've posted this on "cases" since it's Kolink's fault for not really separating what screws are for what

SSD: 250gb 850 evo

Case: Kolink Luminosity

I know it's kind of a hard question to answer but if anyone knows I appreciate it

thanks

image.jpg

Left 80% or wait it could be right.... mehh left!

Cpu: i5 6600K Cooler: Brocken Eco Alpenföhn Graphics Card: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G RAM: Ballistix Sport DDR4 16 gig 2400mhz Mobo: Asus z170 Pro Gaming PSU: Corsair VS650 650 Watts Case: NZXT S340 Black 9_9 

Actually Left 100%

Cpu: i5 6600K Cooler: Brocken Eco Alpenföhn Graphics Card: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G RAM: Ballistix Sport DDR4 16 gig 2400mhz Mobo: Asus z170 Pro Gaming PSU: Corsair VS650 650 Watts Case: NZXT S340 Black 9_9 

Just now, Delian said:

Actually Left 100%

Well yeah but even on the left they come in a somewhat wide variety. Maybe I should just try all of them out ._.

But why would there be standoffs on a SSD?

6 minutes ago, Ricardo56 said:

Actually I probably should've posted this on "cases" since it's Kolink's fault for not really separating what screws are for what

SSD: 250gb 850 evo

Case: Kolink Luminosity

I know it's kind of a hard question to answer but if anyone knows I appreciate it

thanks

image.jpg

small silver ones

Just now, Delian said:

Those are the case's screws, I pointed out that the golden ones are standoffs just to let everyone know I know at least that much so I could rule them out. I'm stupid, I know

I believe they will be the fine thread screws from the bag on the left.  Go slow and don't strip the threads.

you use the small screws.. the one with round heads and small threads.
the ones with hexagonal heads and bigger threads are for 3.5" drives and motherboard (or the standoffs)

3 minutes ago, Delian said:

seems like the selection you get with a computer case

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

5 minutes ago, Ricardo56 said:

Also I do know the golden ones are standoffs so it's not all bad

There  will be more than one type for your hard disks and according to the application the standoff screws will fit some 2.5 hard disks.

3 minutes ago, Delian said:

Left 80% or wait it could be right.... mehh left!

xDxD

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

6 minutes ago, Changis said:

you use the small screws.. the one with round heads and small threads.
the ones with hexagonal heads and bigger threads are for 3.5" drives and motherboard (or the standoffs)

I think I sorted them out 

Also turns out the case only comes with 6 standoffs so I actually do need these, thought they were in case I lost some ._.

thx

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 minute ago, Ricardo56 said:

-snip-

yes, the top ones are for ssd (and optical drives or other stuff you put into the media bays)
and the bottom ones are for the mainboard.

some "mainboard" screws have round heads (these were usually used for 3.5" drives) but yo ucan easily tell them apart by the thread. study the difference for a bit and you'll be able to sort out screws easily ion your own next time ;)

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU