New Gaming PC

RyujinSan

Hello all!

My current PC is lacking quite a bit the last few months, given it's age of almost 7 or 8 years old, it isn't too surprising. So I thought it will be time for a upgrade!

Budget & Location

My budget is around 800/850 euro. (Netherlands for Location)

Aim for the new PC

The aim for the new PC is to do standard web-browsing and play newer games with more FPS instead of a measly 10 FPS. Games like Fall Out 4, GTA 5. Such titles, since my current PC can't handle them.

My aim is to game at 1080/1440p.

Monitors

I currently have 2 monitors, a Samsung Smart TV and a BenQ2222HDL monitor.

(Don't know the specific type of smart tv, when I know I will update the post)

Peripherals

I do have a mouse and keyboard, but they will be replaced at a later time so we don't need to worry about that. Monitors will be upgraded at a later time. Windows I can get on my own.

Why am I upgrading

My current PC is around 7 or 8 years old, it's rocking a Intel 7 870, 8 gigs of Ram, a GTX 950 (All I could afford at the last upgrade I made to it). It's beginning to show it's age, and I really want to play more recent titles without having any problems for the future.

What I was thinking that could get around the specific requests that I made are:

R5 1600

Any cooler

GTX 1060/70

16GB of Ram

Mobo

SSD

Harddrive

Any cool looking case

Thank you all for helping me out picking my 1st own build PC :).

(Do note, this will take me about 3 á  4 months of saving to get this PC)

1 minute ago, RyujinSan said:

Hello all!

My current PC is lacking quite a bit the last few months, given it's age of almost 7 or 8 years old, it isn't too surprising. So I thought it will be time for a upgrade!

Budget & Location

My budget is around 800/850 euro. (Netherlands for Location)

Aim for the new PC

The aim for the new PC is to do standard web-browsing and play newer games with more FPS instead of a measly 10 FPS. Games like Fall Out 4, GTA 5. Such titles, since my current PC can't handle them.

My aim is to game at 1080/1440p.

Monitors

I currently have 2 monitors, a Samsung Smart TV and a BenQ2222HDL monitor.

(Don't know the specific type of smart tv, when I know I will update the post)

Peripherals

I do have a mouse and keyboard, but they will be replaced at a later time so we don't need to worry about that. Monitors will be upgraded at a later time. Windows I can get on my own.

Why am I upgrading

My current PC is around 7 or 8 years old, it's rocking a Intel 7 870, 8 gigs of Ram, a GTX 950 (All I could afford at the last upgrade I made to it). It's beginning to show it's age, and I really want to play more recent titles without having any problems for the future.

What I was thinking that could get around the specific requests that I made are:

R5 1600

Any cooler

GTX 1060/70

16GB of Ram

Mobo

SSD

Harddrive

Any cool looking case

Thank you all for helping me out picking my 1st own build PC :).

If you're only gaming you might want to consider an i5 instead since it will get more FPS.

1 minute ago, scighera2 said:

If you're only gaming you might want to consider an i5 instead since it will get more FPS.

I'm not THAT much into the hardware side of PC's so thats why I came here to help, since I read everywhere that Ryzen is a good budget buy thats why I was thinking about it ;).

Just now, RyujinSan said:

I'm not THAT much into the hardware side of PC's so thats why I came here to help, since I read everywhere that Ryzen is a good budget buy thats why I was thinking about it ;).

It's a good CPU for people who need something to do things such as video editing or rendering, since it has more cores. However for only gaming it's not a good idea since you'll have unused CPU power.

Most games only use 1-4 cores.

It's a good CPU for people who need something to do things such as video editing or rendering, since it has more cores. However for only gaming it's not a good idea since you'll have unused CPU power.

Most games only use 1-4 cores.

Ah ic. Thanks! I'll try to include a PC part picker list so people can rate it :).

4 minutes ago, RyujinSan said:

I mean, it's defiantly not a bad deal. But as you can see in the video it's slower in most every game. At best it ties (with the exception of a few rare games where Ryzen is faster).

10 minutes ago, RyujinSan said:

Come back when you have the money. A lot will have changed. Trust me...

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

I mean, it's defiantly not a bad deal. But as you can see in the video it's slower in most every game. At best it ties (with the exception of a few rare games where Ryzen is faster).

No one should be buying an i5 in 2017. Either go with Ryzen or wait for Coffee Lake. Also that video is from April.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-ryzen-5-1600-1600x-vs-core-i5-7500k-review

Just now, lee32uk said:

No one should be buying an i5 in 2017. Either go with Ryzen or wait for Coffee Lake. Also that video is from April.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-ryzen-5-1600-1600x-vs-core-i5-7500k-review

If someone's only going to be gaming then an i5 is fine for them. No-one should be pairing a GTX 1080ti with an i5. But for a mid range CPU it will get you the highest FPS in games.

19 minutes ago, scighera2 said:

Actually no, he would be better off with the R5 1600:

You need to look beyond average frame rate, the i5 simply struggles at CPU intensive games when it comes to frame times and when paired with this budget range graphic cards the R5 is a better bet. Give the video a watch.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just now, scighera2 said:

If someone's only going to be gaming then an i5 is fine for them. No-one should be pairing a GTX 1080ti with an i5. But for a mid range CPU it will get you the highest FPS in games.

When you have a 1080p 60Hz monitor (what is most likely at this price point) your priority wouldn't be the highest frame rates (you are limited at 60 Hz anyway) but the most consistent frame rates (frame times). The i5 doesn't deliver that in all games (i.e. Crysis 3 at times).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

26 minutes ago, scighera2 said:

It doesn't make sense to buy an i5 when you can get a 6 core Ryzen cpu for the same price. Also for the reasons mentioned by Castdeath above.