hard drive weird noise :S

khalifa
Go to solution Solved by MisterZero,

I heard the sample, and it sounds like a hard drive my father uses, it's like the heads are moving very fast back and forth... Sounds like old hard drives when these are loading files.

I wouldn't worry too much, unless you have sensitive content on it, in that case you may want to make a backup, and if you don't feel all too confortable about that, you could buy a new HDD.

Hope this helped,

Greets.

it's the NSA checking your hard drive, they will finish in a sec ;)

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

it's the NSA checking your hard drive, they will finish in a sec ;)

lol i dont even live in the US, so NSA does not scare me nor do i care about them.

Let me guess the drive..... WD CAVIAR BLACK?

Its the same as this one : CLICK HERE

lol i dont even live in the US, so NSA does not scare me nor do i care about them.

tumblr_meh19jPJKA1rbndn4.jpg

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

I had a Seagate that had a high pitched sound to it and ticked when I was using it. It was about 3 years old so I thought it was failing and bought a new WD caviar blue.

I am not able to listen to the sample atm, but a HDD making nioses, other than the acceleration/deceleration of the discs and vibrations transferred to the case, Would I call a failing HDD.

And just because you don't live in the USA, doesn't mean you are free ;) They search all data going in and out of USA.

I heard the sample, and it sounds like a hard drive my father uses, it's like the heads are moving very fast back and forth... Sounds like old hard drives when these are loading files.

I wouldn't worry too much, unless you have sensitive content on it, in that case you may want to make a backup, and if you don't feel all too confortable about that, you could buy a new HDD.

Hope this helped,

Greets.

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

Hope this helped,

Greets.

i guess ill have to get a new hard drive next month :/ well thanks!

I'm sorry for your loss, my condoleances.

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

So its a wd black drive. I have the same one but its 1tb instead and it makes noise like that sometimes to