Spatial Sound - Windows 10 keeps changing to (none)

I constantly plug in and unplug my headphones on my laptop running on Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 (Creators update), but I find it really annoying to enable the "Windows Sonic for Headphones"  spatial sound effect, "Turn on the 7.1 surround" option and also the audio format, i.e. 2 Channel ,16 bit, 44100 Hz (DVD Quality) or other higher bit rate/quality settings every time I have to unplug and plug my headphone back in. Is there a way to make windows save these settings and recognize once I connect my headphone?

Also, if I enable the spatial sound, I find that the audio format changes to 16 bit and I cannot set the bitrate to a higher value or even choose the 24bit setting. I have updated all my drivers numerous times and rebooted my laptop.. basically trying all the initial steps for a fix. It'd be helpful if someone can suggest a workaround for this or let me know if I have to live with this annoyance until Microsoft come up with something in a future update for the enterprise edition. 

Cheers!

Mobile workstation: Lenovo Thinkpad W541 - i7-4710MQ | NVidia Quadro K1100M | 8GB DDR3 | 240GB SSD