100% CPU Usage bottlenecks GPU without reason

Hey guys,

so basically my sytem was doing fine until last week or so. I was able to run my favourite games stable at high framerates with an average low cpu use and high gpu use like you would expect it ( Overwatch was running at constant 250-300 fps on 1080p low). Now since last week something has changed that without me doing anything. As soon as i start any 3D application my CPU usage spikes up to constant 100% without reason. My GPU is completely bottlenecked and runs at 40-50% max. Both temps are fine however. In games like Overwatch or BF1 i am constantly getting the bad connectivity symbol and the games feel a bit laggy and my shots are not connecting sometimes. I already checked for background programs to hurt the cpu but it is only the games that are taking like 90 percent of the cpu load. Minimizing the Witcher 3 and trying to maximize it again even caused my system to shut down. Both the gpu and cpu do not get thermal throttled and games use all 4 cores.

So here is what i already tried to fix this: installing old nvidia drivers, resetting both overclocks, reset bios, clean intstalation windows, set priorities to low and high, change compability mode, set max prerendered frames to 1, uninstall gpu and cpu in the device manager, used driver booster to update the drivers

My specs: i5 6600k OC to 4,2 Ghz, gtx 1070 oc, 16GB RAM, Win 10 Pro

If you can think of anything that causes this weird problem please let me know :) 

(and please dont tell me that the games are just maximizing my cpu potential and that this is all fine, there is definetly a performance loss)

Thanks is advance

Can you check to see what process is eating so much CPU  cycles? 

5 minutes ago, jdwii said:

Can you check to see what process is eating so much CPU  cycles? 

yea

also  sysinternals suite can help determine more exacly what it is

(theres a tool inside like task manager)

18 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

yea

also  sysinternals suite can help determine more exacly what it is

(theres a tool inside like task manager)

according to the taskmanager its is the game eating up like 90-95% of the load

1 hour ago, MadMan96 said:

according to the taskmanager its is the game eating up like 90-95% of the load

thats means your cpu is too slow for your gpu

your cpu is a bottleneck 

I5s are not enough for games like BF1. You need more cores. Titles like Overwatch should do fine on an i5 though.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

i am constantly getting the bad connectivity symbol and the games feel a bit laggy and my shots are not connecting 

Sounds like your internet connection to me.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

i think you guys got me wrong...

my system was able to do all this very well. The bottleneck is only present since the end of august till now. Before, i was able to play all those games without high cpu usage. This weird stuff did not happen before... 

And as i wrote before, my system failed while trying to just minimize and maximize the witcher. THAT IS NOT NORMAL FOR SURE

3 hours ago, asand1 said:

I5s are not enough for games like BF1. You need more cores. Titles like Overwatch should do fine on an i5 though.

Not true my i5 6402p can handle BF1 at ultra settings at constant 60fps.