Info on using an SSD just for boot?

Aleks

So Christmas is on its way and the main thing on my list this year is a Samsung 840 EVO. I plan to use this SSD mainly for my OS and I need to know, since the 240gb has faster random read/write speeds as well as faster sequential write speeds, would the 240gb version benefit me more? Once again I plan to use this mainly for my OS so would that take advantage of the faster speeds? Also does the 120gb version have turbo write? Any help would be much appreciated!

You're not going to notice very much of a difference between a 120GB and 250GB Samsung EVO drive under actual usage.

You're not going to notice very much of a difference between a 120GB and 250GB Samsung EVO drive under actual usage.

Alright so do you think getting a 120gb just for my OS whether it will be windows 7 or 8 is good enough?

Alright so do you think getting a 120gb just for my OS whether it will be windows 7 or 8 is good enough?

A 60GB drive might be better if it's enough for what you want it for.

A 60GB drive might be better if it's enough for what you want it for.

The Evo is at around $90 right now so its basically a steal! Anyways thanks for all of the help!