Help with Twitch streaming

Mattco

I tried to stream on twitch a few minutes ago but, the video was very choppy and froze for seconds, the sound was coming out just fine, and it was also frozen on obs. I am running Overwatch on High settings, I have 16 gb ram, RX 470, and an I5 6600k, im streaming at 30 fps and 1080p. Any ideas are welcome

thanks for helping

(P.S. i used to stream OW with an Rx 480 but i sold it, and would a gfx card downgrade like that matter all that much?)

1 minute ago, Mattco said:

I5 6600k, im streaming at 30 fps and 1080p. Any ideas are welcome

keep in mind a 6600k is not the best CPU for streaming, try using a lower bitrate and changing the resolution to 720p. 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

keep in mind a 6600k is not the best CPU for streaming, try using a lower bitrate and changing the resolution to 720p. 

I think that i saw steaming at 720 before but changed it when i was recording something(switched back now), and isnt bitrate mostly based of internet connection( i have 55 mbps up and down)

10 minutes ago, Mattco said:

I think that i saw steaming at 720 before but changed it when i was recording something(switched back now), and isnt bitrate mostly based of internet connection( i have 55 mbps up and down)

No. Bitrate is based on what you set it to in OBS settings in the "Output" tab. Most people stream at 6000kb/s.

view.png

Just now, Jade said:

No. Bitrate is based on what you set it to in OBS settings in the "Output" tab. Most people stream at 6000kb/s.

view.png

i output at 3000kbs if you are asking

4 minutes ago, Mattco said:

i output at 3000kbs if you are asking

Not really asking, just saying that the bitrate you use is dictated by your client (OBS) - as long as your upload can support it.. With 55mbps up and down (according to what you said) you could easily run at Twitch's maximum of 6000kbps. To help diagnose your problems you should use Twitch's own diagnostics system - https://inspector.twitch.tv/ - which has a guide and can show you more detailed information about why you're dropping frames.

Just now, Jade said:

Not really asking, just saying that the bitrate you use is dictated by your client (OBS) - as long as your upload can support it.. With 55mbps up and down (according to what you said) you could easily run at Twitch's maximum of 6000kbps. To help diagnose your problems you should use Twitch's own diagnostics system - https://inspector.twitch.tv/ - which has a guide and can show you more detailed information about why you're dropping frames.

thanks for the information