Ryzen 3 Overclock help

Hi, I have just built my first PC. Here are the parts. I would like to overclock my CPU to 3.7 GHZ and above. I have 3 problems. 1) My gigabyte BIOS supports OC(I think), but it will not let me acess those options. 2) I dont know if I have enough wattage on my PSU. And 3) I dont know if my stock cooler is enough cooling power to keep the CPU at an acceptable temp. I dont plan to do any insane overclocks. 4.2 GHZ will be my roof(if i can even get there). This PC will have to last me awhile so I dont want any PSU failure, or major cuts in CPU life. I plan to use this PC for Gaming. Black Ops III, Rocket League, Universe Sim, and a couple other AAA's. Thanks!

I have got my brothers R3 1200 stable at 3.95GHz.

550W PSU

asus b350 plus MB

stock cooling

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

3 minutes ago, Apex_X said:

Hi, I have just built my first PC. Here are the parts. I would like to overclock my CPU to 3.7 GHZ and above. I have 3 problems. 1) My gigabyte BIOS supports OC(I think), but it will not let me acess those options. 2) I dont know if I have enough wattage on my PSU. And 3) I dont know if my stock cooler is enough cooling power to keep the CPU at an acceptable temp. I dont plan to do any insane overclocks. 4.2 GHZ will be my roof(if i can even get there). This PC will have to last me awhile so I dont want any PSU failure, or major cuts in CPU life. I plan to use this PC for Gaming. Black Ops III, Rocket League, Universe Sim, and a couple other AAA's. Thanks!

Why did you get that power supply over lets say a EVGA 500 watt model? Anyways a 1060 only uses about 150 watts under load and that CPU even when OC won't use more then 150 watts so you are fine. 

Want to OC easily just use Ryzen Master and set a profile. 

3 minutes ago, Apex_X said:

1) Is there a hotkey option in your bios (F7 maybe?) to enable Advanced mode?

2) 450 watts is plenty for overclocking that system.

3) Stock cooler will probably be okay for mild overclocks.  My Ryzen 5 1600 stock cooler handled 3.8GHz 1.35v, temps were a bit higher than I liked, so I purchased aftermarket.  I'd be interested in seeing how stock cooler performs for a Ryzen 3.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

I've had similar problems with a Gigabyte motherboard apparently since the bios is a little clunky you have to use the + and - keys on your keyboard (something I can't do right away since I have a 10keyless keyboard)

I ended up doing the overclocking directly in windows with the Ryzen Master application. It's fairly useful and for clock and volts you don't need a reboot (meaning that if you crash it it boots back to windows normally instead of having to open it up and reset the bios on the mobo directly)

The only thing is that you have to apply your overclock profile every time you reboot but that's not too difficult, just a bit annoying.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Your motherboard can support overclocks and the AMD stock cooler can get you a decent overclock so you should be fine. If you buy an aftermarket cooler you might be able to get a bit better clocks. I would recommend the Cryorig H7 or the coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo.

1 more thing, how much will a 200 - 500 OC improve gaming. I know that the 1060 will be held back a little by the CPU